Please keep Charlotte in your prayers

Shakou

Just got back from the vets with her. There's a very high possibility my baby girl has breast cancer. Will know more in a few weeks. Please keep her in your thoughts.

Oh, no. :( Good thoughts. A significant proportion of mammary cancers in dogs are benign, so fingers crossed for her to be in that group.

Shakou

Thank you, everyone. Now that I've calmed down a little, I'll explain further what's going on.

I mentioned in a separate post probably about a month ago that Ma'ii has been obsessing over Charlotte for some time now. Sniffing her, licking her, mounting her. He was acting like she was in heat. Charlotte has been spayed, so there's no way that could be. This past week, I've noticed she's lost a little weight and her appetite has dropped a lot too. So I decided it was time for a vet visit. We're in TN right now, and there's a vet clinic right across the street from us, so I took her over.

The vet pointed out that two of her back rear mammary glands are unusually swollen. I had noticed this myself, and had been keeping an eye on them. What I didn't notice is that when you rub and pinch them, her left one is harder and has what feels like little grains of rice in there. Her right one, which is also swollen isn't like this. He said this could be two things.

1. The beginning stages of mammary cancer

2. I can't remember what this one was called because by this point my head was spinning, but it had something to do with being spayed and having her hormones taken away. Which could turn into cancer easily.

She also has a bladder infection, which we're treating her for now. Once she recovers from that in two weeks, we're heading back to discuss hormone replacement therapy and possible surgery.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about her diagnose. Cancer sucks.

Sending all the good thoughts & vibes for Charlotte.

Slick

Kristina
I'm so sorry. Sending all the vibes!
When do you find out for sure whether it is cancer or not? Is there a way of knowing for sure?

Members online

No members online now.