The Tulip Thread

Thanks for the kind words Beanie. I got so attached to her through all our work together, I think she would've been a great dog to learn and grow with if I didn't also have Astro to consider.

I am taking a break from all second dog stuff - rescue, fostering, and breeder - and just concentrating on Astro. I do think I will wind up with another dog in the end but I am going to be very, very picky on my parameters. Sometimes my heart gets the better of me, and I need to be practical and hash out exactly what kind of dog would do best to suit both my needs and Astro's. And unfortunately, no more dogs from county-type shelters that have little info on how a dog acts in a home. I just can't do this again or risk it happening again, I think Astro has been set back in certain ways by all of it and I worked so hard to get him over his own issues.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I am taking a break from all second dog stuff - rescue, fostering, and breeder - and just concentrating on Astro. I do think I will wind up with another dog in the end but I am going to be very, very picky on my parameters. Sometimes my heart gets the better of me, and I need to be practical and hash out exactly what kind of dog would do best to suit both my needs and Astro's. And unfortunately, no more dogs from county-type shelters that have little info on how a dog acts in a home. I just can't do this again or risk it happening again, I think Astro has been set back in certain ways by all of it and I worked so hard to get him over his own issues.
I think that sounds like a VERY good plan. I hope Astro is back to himself, soon.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh no. =< I'm so sorry it didn't work. But sometimes it is just not the right fit. You gave it a hell of a shot, but ultimately you do have to make the best choice for you and your existing dogs when you add another dog to the family... so I think you made the right choice, as difficult as it was.
Agreed. Sorry it didn't work out for you guys.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you guys :( I hope Astro gets back to his old self real soon.

Members online

No members online now.