Dog related injuries

Red.Apricot

Elsie broke my nose leaning back to give me a kiss. I got a flexi-burn from her when she took off that did some tendon damage. I have a knee that's jacked up from when she ran into it as a youngster. She skinned most of my thumbnail off going for a tug--that hurt pretty bad.

And I think of her as a pretty low-key dog, lol.

Brattina88

I have a scar on my wrist and forearm from the GSD that attacked Maddie, I threw myself in the middle of it to save her life. It was a bad bite, but she didn't latch on and it wasn't meant for me at all. The vet tried to talk me into going to the hospital (I went straight to the vet) but instead I just washed it off and used vet wrap to wrap it up and treated at home.

The worst bite, though is when my foster attacked my left forearm. He lunged for me, and I put my arms out without thinking to protect myself. He latched on and shook like I was a dead rat or something, on the inside of my arm, you know the fat flabby sensitive part :eek: lol. The only way to get him off was to scruff him with my right hand (my dominant arm) to which he redirected to that arm, but couldn't latch on enough and so I literally threw him in the crate. Literally. He continued to attack the crate until my (then) roommate got a cup of water and dowsed him with it. Then he "snapped" out of it. :eek: that one I had to get treated for and it took a loooong time to heal because it was in a weird spot. The bruising was terrible, it drained, They put me on antibiotics and a steroid, and I had to wrap it in bright colors at work so the kids would stop grabbing my arms there (OUCH!)

I also have a scar on my knee from a goat :rofl1: a goat which Maddie saved me from when she was like 3 or 4 haha

That's it. I think :p

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Well Juno learned to rebound this weekend soooo my thighs are looking pretty awful at the moment. And they're quite sore lol.

Otherwise I get the occasional accidental bite from missing the tug. Cajun gets some pretty good air when she rebounds so it's not uncommon for me to get kicked in the face. Juno has given me a bloody nose by boxing me.

My pack is pretty tame for the most part.... :p

My first dog bit me in the face (no idea why).
Nala would bite if you went to pick her up when she got older.
Chevy pulled me and the bike I was riding onto herself (we had stopped, no one was seriously hurt).
For the first couple weeks I had Kieber he would try and latch onto me like a piranha (this dog had no bite inhibition).

I did get a pretty nasty redirected bite on the hand breaking up a scuffle once, but since I was doing some tree trimming and wearing big old welder's gloves at the time it was mostly crushed but no broken skin. It was pretty uninhibited, though, felt like a piano fell on it.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
I get injured at work like daily it seems. I'll give the most recent/bad ones...

Redirect from a tug - have a BAD scar on one of my fingers from this particular one

Dog took off after a ball that was sitting where it shouldn't have been as we were working on impulse control - pulled some ligament in my wrist

Bloody nose (but not broken yay!) - dog ran in to my face as I was getting a ball out from under a pallet (?)

Skinned knees - from a really really ridiculously good recall that caused dog to run IN to me

More skinned knees - bark barrels + gravel = not fun

Cuticle damage that never ends - some dogs think they are crocodiles

And I always have bruises on me for usually unknown reasons.

RetrieverFever

Ball Obsessed
Bitten through my lip once or twice, Malinois bit me in the boob, rope burn from Bloo's drag line (which scarred over), stuff like that. I fell through a rotten barn floor last month getting a cheap teeter, lol. That has scarred over nicely.
Pfft Julee that was hardly a bite! I was there for that one. :p
Kim took most of the brute force for me of Willow learning bite inhibition unfortunately for her :rofl1:

elegy

overdogged
Luce has broken my finger and my nose. Pit bulls, they're dangerous.

Steve bit me in the crotch once regripping a flyball tug. That hurt.

The worst injury I've had at work (vet tech) was from a freaking vicious cat (no lie-- her record was marked ATTACK CAT WILL BITE) who nailed me in the hand.

Members online

No members online now.