2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Just finished my workouts. I did 25 Minutes of Rockin Body Party Express and 25 minutes of Hip Hop Abs Hips, Buns and Thighs.

I got my turbo Jam tank Top today (from completing my 30 day challenge with that program) and I christened it with copious amounts of sweat during todays workout :p

Michiyo-Fir

I've been really terrible for the last 3 days. Ate lots of junk food and crap stuff and didnt follow my eating plan. Plus yesterday was my day off from my work out so I didn't exercise either and now I'm too terrified to step on the scale..especially since I was doing really well for the last 2 weeks.

On top of that I've hurt my knee and didnt do my workout this morning. I might just squeeze in the routine after work tonight because I feel so terrible about the foods I've ate and also because if I take today off it will mess up my schedule.

I'm thinking maybe I'll buy a big calendar and plan out my meals and calories to keep me on track...

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I love doing in home boarding. Merlin loves the new place, they usually have yards, it's fun to hang out with their dogs and watch big tvs with cable

but it's horrible for my diet. It's usually just 2-4 days, not long enough to really do groceries so I end up eating out, twice a day..
Ick.

but I'm back in the saddle! no more!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Worked out in the backyard all day slinging top soil to fill all the holes (BEEZER!!!!) ad now just finished up 45 minutes of Shaun T's dance party :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Hint: if you are going for an eight mile run, it's over 60 degrees, and you think to yourself "should I bring my water bottle?"
THE ANSWER IS YES.

There are no good arguments as to why you shouldn't.

Don't be stupid. Bring the water bottle.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Welp, three weeks to go, and I'm injured.
($*@.

Putting a call out to some other runners to brainstorm how bad this potentially really is and how much I need to scale back. I'm really upset right now. I'm going to the running store tonight to see if my shoes are dying... since they are more minimalist shoes they don't last as long as regular running shoes. I'm tempted to be like "put me back in a regular shoe."

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
OMG... Fit club tonight was bananas. We did 46 minutes of Rock it out and that one is no joke. I made it through but I can't seem to function anymore tonight lol

El Alano

The most important thing for me is simply to be well-nourished, rested and on top of stress and I find keeping in shape effortless. Mess up any of these three things and the chub comes piling on, even if I'm racing to 100 burpees, clean and jerking 32 kg kettlebells, running vast distances etc.

I think I am naturally a very podgy person so I make sure I eat no packaged foods whatsoever, sleep a minimum of 8 hours and keep stress at bay as much as possible. 10 minutes here and there of resistance training in addition to dog-walking/mountain-biking with them keeps me in better cosmetic shape than when I was living in the gym but doing the other stuff all wrong.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
sweating my buns off. Squeezed in 25 minutes of party express. With it being almost 90 degrees today and our AC not put in yet... I'm a sopping mess lol.

Did my measurements today. I'm down another half inch in my hips and a half inch on each thigh :D I'm happy about that because my hips and thighs have been the hardest area to lose the inches.

JacksonsMom

I have been somewhat slacking this week... for sure. We had a lot going on, getting a new state law passed in honor my brother who passed, and then I went to NYC over the weekend. I haven't really been eating terrible but the exercise dropped off for a week or so there. Ugh... back at it today, I just did the 30 day shred today for 20 mins.

I can tell a huge difference in my appetite in general. I mean I used to easily be able to eat a 12" sub from Subway by myself (and chips and a cookie and a soda lol) and now I barely get thru a 6" and a half of a bag of baked chips before I'm feeling completely stuffed. Same thing my dad got me a little tub of Ben & Jerry's ice cream the other day as my cheat cheat and I took like maybe 6 bites and started being like ugh full, can't even imagine eating half the tub let alone the full one. So I know my stomach has shrunk and I don't really crave bad things anymore. I had a diet dr. pepper in NY and the rest of the time, I got water.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I'm having a really rough time finding food that is cheap, can last the week, and won't go bad... that I actually want to eat. Rick and I can use $40 (sometimes a bit more, depending on work) per week on food. He is a larger person and eats more than I, so usually he'll spend about $25-30 and I'll spend $15-20. Any ideas? This entire week I've had nachos for dinner (chips are cheap and the cheese was on mega-sale, we make our own salsa) and usually a rice cake with peanut butter around noon and that's it for the day. As you can imagine, I feel absolutely horrible.

Any ideas? No meat. Nothing with high fructose corn syrup or other artificial sweeteners. No pineapple, kiwi, or papaya.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
As a positive, we have been much more active lately! The weather is finally nice, and both of us want to be outside desperately. It's awesome! We found this dude in our adventures yesterday:

Ringneck! As you can see, he pooped on Rick, lol

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I'm having a really rough time finding food that is cheap, can last the week, and won't go bad... that I actually want to eat. Rick and I can use $40 (sometimes a bit more, depending on work) per week on food. He is a larger person and eats more than I, so usually he'll spend about $25-30 and I'll spend $15-20. Any ideas? This entire week I've had nachos for dinner (chips are cheap and the cheese was on mega-sale, we make our own salsa) and usually a rice cake with peanut butter around noon and that's it for the day. As you can imagine, I feel absolutely horrible.

Any ideas? No meat. Nothing with high fructose corn syrup or other artificial sweeteners. No pineapple, kiwi, or papaya.
Forgot to mention, I can't eat grains frequently or I get ill. No rice at all, whole grain pasta once every other week or so is okay. Help?

Michiyo-Fir

Are you looking for proteins? Or what type of food are you looking for?

Do you eat fish?

I use a lot of canned tuna as a protein supplement because it's cheap and easy. There are a lot that's about 1.50-2 per can, 30 grams of lean protein.

What about coconut, almond or quinoa flour so you can make some home made bread type products?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
All my progress? being totally undone this weekend lol. Went to Phillips in Baltimores inner harbor today and I got the fried seafood platter lol. mmmm crabcake, fried shrimp, fried flounder and FRIES. GAH lol at least I walked around for about 3 hours today and more hours tomorrow but still haha.

Miakoda

A big pot of white beans (navy or great northern) or red beans (kidney).

Do you eat seafood, such as shrimp?

Soups: veggie, French onion

Members online

No members online now.