one on one time

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
everyday i take Victor over to GG's to play with Shaffer for about three hours..taking mary back home with me. She is so happy to have her special "mom" time without the showoff around. Today we were hanging around outside (something we cannot do with Vic because of the stupid neighbor now..he has to either be on a leash or tied and it has taken alllll the fun out of yardwork) but Mary is a good gurl, you never need to even look where she is, she never leaves the yard..anyway i turned around to see her being as silly as a pup. She had a toy and threw it up in the air..did a little dance and spin around thing..just as happy as happy could be. This is a win win all the way. Victor being the same age as Shaffer gets the hard wrestle and romp that Mary can no longer really do and she gets to be told how special she is. I use to divide my weekends so that each child went to Dad's and the other stayed with me..that way everyone got a special weekend..did mean i didn't have much of a social life, but hey there only little for a little while and i never regretted it. One on one time is good for everybody.

bogolove

That is so sweet. She wanted to play with her mommy. I love it when they do that, like, hey mom, look at me, let's play. They are such sweet souls.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I love it when she cuts loose like that..she practically skips! She didn't act like that at all when she was a puppy..she was the most serious wittle girl you ever met. She would follow me at 8 weeks while i did the kennel work..acted like it was her duty! She would retrieve for old boss and keep him occupied while i did the house chores..she learned to shake at 6 weeks..would lift her tiny paw with her forehead all creased in concentration. She always minded but never acted goofy..so i get such a kick out of this..wish i could get it on video. She spins around and around..stops to laff and does it one more time for good measure..afterwards we have "lunch" together and sit on the chaise to rest up while i read for a half hour before it is back to work. She's a grand old gurl she really is. I went up to my brother's to take care of her Mary's sister Hyia (long story there..this Hyia was named this 5 years before the human child Hyia came along) anyway my brother has Mary's sister so fat..her coat is not near as glossy. Victor went with me because Hyiadog is very fond of him (everyone loves to play with Vic) and he had her panting so hard i was afraid she would have a heart attack..he would get her to follow him and circle her a dozen times before she got to where he was in the first place..I am glad Mary is physically fit and that i have been very careful of her diet. Hyia dog's coat is flat and not near as glossy. I can truly attest that tho mary was shiney before now that i have been feeding her innova for three weeks she is positively radiant plus she has slimmed a few pounds. the interesting thing is Hyia dog isn't half as grey in the face..i wonder why one sibling would be so much more grey then the other.

forgot to add..i don't know if it is because Hyiadog smells like Mary or not but Victor is very affection with her..kisses her ears and nibbles her body just like he does Mary..I am so proud of my "kids" :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
What a sweet story. Mary is definitely enjoying her golden years when she's alone with you and can act like a puppy! She sounds like such a great girl.

Members online

No members online now.