So Mad

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I just got off the phone with my husband's friend. We got on the subject of breeding dogs and I had mentioned how you don't make very much money most, if any. I told him that breeding dogs were meant to be for betterment of the breed not for profit. Well he goes on and on about how most people only breed for money and whoever tells you they are breeding for the betterment of the breed is lying. I explained to him there are health tests for the parents, stud fees, vet visits before the puppies and then after for momma and pups. Not to mention shots, or tail docking. I told him that doesn't include any emergencies that might occur before or after the puppies arrive. I told him that most breeders will sometimes not even break even with their litters. Then ofcourse he tells me that his friend breeds English bulldogs and sell the pups for $850 a piece (which is a little low for an English) and this guy supposedly makes a bunch on his puppies. It just made me made that this guy would claim anyone whoever was breeding to better a breed is lying and they are actually out to get money. Do you breeders that are ACTUALLY breeding to better your breeds make much money? I thought if you bred your dog right than you should consider yourself lucky to break even (or am I wrong).

I was looking into breeding English bulldogs and with the c-section cost of approx.$500-$1500 in an emergency.Most breeders are lucky to break even.Of couse irresponsible breeders can cut alot of corners to make money.Which is most likely what this persons friend has been doing.I know in canada for a pet quality bulldog they start at $2500 for breeding and show Quality start at $3500 and up.Although it looks like they make a killing selling these pups you dopnt see it when they lose a ***** or ***** and the whole litter or have the show winning stud stolen True story.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Yeah, I think these people are doing a little backyard breeding with their bulldogs. I thought that bulldogs (english atleast) usually do require c-sections though. We considered for a brief second in time about breeding Hannah and then I researched all the cost and hidden risks and all the time it required and I said "NO WAY".

Yes the English Bulldogs require a c-section about 98 percent of the time.Some bredders will try to let them free whelp and have very bad results.They also require Artifical Insemination due to the body structure it is hard for them to breed naturally.If they are selling for that price they most likely are not Health tested or come from good bloodlines.That is why I decided to go with a different breed,too mant health issues with the Bulldogs.

Members online

No members online now.