A little irked

Zoom

Twin 2.0
One of my favorite dogs, Liberty the Rottie, comes in for daycare just about everyday and lately has been getting boarded overnight as well. Today I jokingly asked if her owners just didn't like her anymore or what. To my dismay, I was actually right. Supposedly they are looking to rehome her, but in the meantime she is getting left with us more and more often. This is kind of good--she probably gets more attention from us than her parents. :( But I still feel so bad for her. She gets to watch all of her buddies go home to their beds and families and own food, while she has to stay behind. We try and compensate by putting her in a suite (has a real toddler-sized bed complete with "mattress") and giving her as much attention as we can spare.

I really love this dog, but I know there is no way I can take her. And most likely who ever ends up with her won't live close enough to keep bringing her in for daycare. She's not that old either. I wonder how she acts at home?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Gee i am sorry for her..in my mother's daycare we had kids like that..one in particular. He would over react too when his parents came, so desperate for their love that he would fling himself to his fathers feet and his father would just look at him with disgust..we had him weekends and holidays too..even Christmas eve. It broke my heart. He grew up to be a an artist and a very good one at that. Hope the rottie gets a good home.

Members online

No members online now.