My Oliver is not doing good

goldiefur

https://www.gofundme.com/oliverb Anyone that knows me knows I never ask for help but this time I am giving in and asking. Oliver has either Lymphoma or a rare form of anemia that usually does not strike dogs this young. I want to do everything I can to keep him alive. Most of you know what I've been through with losing all my babies young over the past few years and I can't lose another one. I sat down last night and added up all of his vet bills since November when he started with this and it has already cost $1,453 On Jan 4th I have to bring him in for more bloodwork and 3 xrays and last time that portion cost $467 that is just the testing. If he has pneumonia again the one antibiotic zeniquin costs $10 a pill so that script cost me $124 the last two weeks and the doxycycline was $70 We are praying the pneumonia will stay gone but apparently that is something that goes along with this. I looked at my bills for next month last night and it is impossible for me to be able to cover this even if everything goes smooth. If he wants to put him on new meds or if anything else happens I am at a loss of what to do. I have gone through the vets citibank credit, care credit, and four loan places that loan to low income people and I was denied for all of them. I have sold things and have a treadmill up on craigslist but it is not selling. Short of selling my blood ( I have an appointment at the plasma donation center in Gulfport but have to go through a medical exam and with my heart condition I Don't know if they will accept me. I can not donate blood because of my heart but I hear plasma is not as big a deal.) I am at a loss I don't know what else to do. Please if anyone can donate I will truly appreciate anything given. Last year he beat fungal pneumonia blastomycosis and most dogs do not survive that. My vet told me he would likely die but he made it!!! I'm praying in Jesus' name he makes it this time. Please keep the prayers going for my boy! Thank you to all of you that have been here for me to talk to through all of this!

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am so terribly sorry. If I knew anything to help I would. Essiacs really helped Mr. Shaffer with his quality of life but his lymphoma was a fire storm. I will hold you both in silent mediation. I hope the help you need comes.

goldiefur

Thank you will look into it. Im willing to try anything at this point. Does chazhound have a facebook page?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I don't know much about raising funds, but I know I would be right where you are if this was my dog. I have seen go fund me pages on facebook, but I dont' know how to set one up. Maybe someone on here does.

As to the essiacs I ordered a liquid, and gave it to Mr Shaffer. He slurped it right down too. He still had the whole steroid treatment too. It really did make him feel much better along with the medicine prescribed.

Poor Oliver. Am so sorry you are going through this. I will keep you in my prayers and hope things turn out OK.I will share the Go Fund me page with my networks.

Members online

No members online now.