Mouth breather!!!!

Lyzelle

Pretty much everything that is stress signal ever has become daily life for us. It isn't necessarily that he is stressed sometimes. He just does it, because he did it before. Pacing. Oh, the pacing. The dog refuses to sit or lay down anywhere that isn't our room unless he is DEAD TIRED. And even then he will attempt to open doors to get where he wants to lay.

Staring. Oh. Dog. You will go to bed, idly listen to him move at some point, drifting off and maybe he never settled? Look up. In the dark. Find a dog at the end of the bed. Just staring. Silently. In the dark. Like an ax murderer. Not panting. Not whining. Just staring. Sometimes for HOURS. Sitting completely at attention. And you HAVE TO IGNORE HIM. No amount of go lay down, staahhhhp, locking him up, etc will stop it. He will FLIP OUT. Leave him alone and he calmly goes back to staring. Creeper dog creeps. And it is so creepy. I can't deal. I haven't figured out any trigger or rhyme or reason. He just does it.

Licking. Himself. His paws. His chest. The wall. The door. My hands. BeAu's hands. BeAu's chin (because he is obsessed with facial hair). The blanket. The floor. The bed. Mostly everything. His oral fixation is sorta insane.

Including his chain. It has been his for the last 8-9 years. And for 8-9 years he has slipped his collar in his mouth at bedtime to suck/lick/mouth fondle it until he starts drifting off. It is like a pacifier to him. It is SLURP SLURP CLANK JINGLE SLURP to me. This is a nightly routine.

He has zero concept of his own feet and where they are at any given moment. Let alone he has back feet. Leads to many stepped on or spilled things. Or he gets so offended because he totally didn't think he would actually touch whatever was on the floor. Except laptops. He will go out of his way to use a laptop as a pedestal. Reasons.

Other than being generally weird in more ways to count, that is it.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Harleigh also does a smack-slurpy sounding noise after she finishes eating. ANYTHING. Sometimes she does it just to do it. And she knows it annoys me because all I have to do is look at her and she'll stop. GAH.

She licks constantly. Her paws mostly and she is loud about it too. We'll come home and there will be a GIANT wet spot on the couch. At first I thought it was pee, but then I realzied it was from her licking her paws. All.Day.Long.

Also... the drool, oh the drool! And not just a little bit of drool... I'm talking puddles and strings and bubbles. The good thing is that she knows that she has to come with us when we tell her, "Harleigh lets wipe your mouth" :p

Thinking about giving her something? drool.
Fixing her food? drool.
Getting/Giving her a treat? drool.
Get croutons out for a salad? drool.
Vienna Fingers? drool.

For some reason she has an obsession with croutons and vienna fingers, lol. She can be in a dead sleep all the way across the house and she will hear the bag opening for either and will magically appear. But she can't hear us when we say, "Harleigh don't eat that cat poop!!!!". RIGHT.

Hudson is terrible about entertaining himself. So he does 1 of 2 things.

The first, and most common, is he walks around the house whining. I glare and him and tell him that I'll give him something to cry about, then he goes into his crate and lays down for a few minutes, then he gets up and starts all over.

The other is he sits and stares at me and stares and stares some more. This one is less annoying and more just creepy.

Zane is also a "lick everything in sight" dog. The floor, couch, cushions,etc. He also has an affinity for the cat box. He goes insane when I'm about to take him outside to run in the pasture. Screaming, whining, barking, jumping, and trying to wait till he stops can take an hour.

Abby has to lick everyone and everything. Both her and Zane obsessively lick Deputy's face. She also likes to grab your hands when you are walking around. She is also a "talker.

Deputy, most of his annoying things are because of his Dementia. Forgetting his own name, not remembering how to get on/off a bed, etc. But the biggest annoyance with him, is his constant need to get on your lap. This is a 60+ lb dog where talking about.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
The licking when I'm trying to go to sleep is the WORST! Daisy & Liz both sleep in our room and for some reason as soon as they lie down its time to lick themselves. I can't stand it & have been known to throw pillows at Liz for making slurping sounds - UGH!

Members online

No members online now.