Frodo's AKC registered name is:
Coombsie's Play With Fire
and I HATE it. And don't use it.

His WCRL/USDAA and NADAC name is:
Gimme Drugs not Hugs
and I flipping love it.

Siri across the board is:
Ado's Gimme Victory
Ado is her kennel name (obviously) and the Gimme makes it like Frodo's, and Siri means Victory/her litter theme was war related. I love it.

Sekah

The Monster.
To keep up with the Leonard Cohen theme, Cohen is Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE AGN SGDC FDCh CGN HIC.

I don't really think the name itself really suits her (Lady? Midnight? Naw.), but I'm a sucker for the interplay between registered/call name.

When she was a puppy, I was really pushing for her call name to be Feigenbaum (Fig for short) and her registered name to be "... Organized Chaos". I got voted down, but I'm keeping that one on the back burner for future use.

SpringerLover

Frodo's AKC registered name is:
Coombsie's Play With Fire
and I HATE it. And don't use it.

His WCRL/USDAA and NADAC name is:
Gimme Drugs not Hugs
and I flipping love it.

Siri across the board is:
Ado's Gimme Victory
Ado is her kennel name (obviously) and the Gimme makes it like Frodo's, and Siri means Victory/her litter theme was war related. I love it.
Yes! I lurve the "Gimme" part!

You don't even understand people RARELY make the connection and are like ".oh that's funny"

and i'm like NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE STARS THAT HAD TO ALIGN FOR ME TO COME UP WITH A PUN THAT SUITED HIS COLORING AND THAT WAS ALSO A NAME I LIKED!:rofl1:
I think I laughed to myself for about an hour.

SoCrafty

I love this thread:). I didn't vote for obvious reasons, but just wanted to chime in. When we get our puppy, I am so hoping the breeder let's us have an input. We were thinking (Kennel Name) The Girl Who Waited, with a call name of Amelia (this might be too hard since Amy is too similar to my name and it could get confusing). We like it because #1 it's Doctor Who, but #2 I have been waiting for a dog FOREVER and it just seems appropriate.

Our other names we like would be (Kennel Name) Hello Sweetie with a call name of Melody, River or Suki. We run through call names sometimes and we're just like that's too long! Or I can't see us standing on the porch calling that out!

Torch

Henry doesn't have a registered name. If register him with Barn Hunt he will most likely be registered as Mr. Pea. Inside joke :)

I love love love Rhys's registered and call name. The litter theme was Game of Thrones, and all the puppies have super cool names. I was allowed to chose as long as the kennel name was in there. (Skye). I thought long and hard and decided to name him something with 'dragon' in it. He looks a LOT like his sister who was the pick female of the litter, whose registered name has 'dancing with dragons' in it, call name Daenerys.

I decided to name him Skye's Heir of the Dragon and my breeder loved it. His call name followed shortly thereafter. I like how Rhys sounds like a Targaryan king name, and I also like that it means 'enthusiasm' in Welsh. I'm Welsh way back and thought that was cool.

Members online