Charlotte was rushed off the the emergency vets tonight...

Shakou

So, we're currently in NH, visiting my mom, and staying at her house. My mom has a huge fenced in backyard with a large 30foot travel trailer parked in the back. Earliar tonight, I was out on my mom's back deck with the dogs, when Charlotte got a sudden burst of energy and began zooming around the yard. She's an extremely fast little dog with a lot of zip to her, and she does this fairly frequently. She ran full speed towards my mom's travel trailer and went to go underneath it and out the otherside. It has about a 2 -3 feet clearance to it, and is something both dogs can and have done with ease thousands of times. Tonight though she slammed full speed into the corner of the metal trailer steps, and dropped like a pile of bricks, screeching and howling in agony. I thought for sure she broke her ribs. When she stood up, she hobbled a couple steps, than collapsed again, and finally managed to get up and limp over to me, the whole time shrieking and howling. When I looked at her, I saw she had these HUGE deep lesions going all the way up her side.

I screamed for my mom and husband to come outside, had them stay with her, and ran in to call the emergency vet, where we rushed her in within 10 minutes. We were very lucky to find she had no broken ribs, but she needed some serious stitches done to her.

She's home now, high on drugs, and resting in the sun room for the night, and is expected to make a full recovery. But Jesus, the poor, poor girl...

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Many, many "heal fast" vibes!! Give her lots and lots of (gentle) cuddles and pets for me. Poor girl :(

Members online

No members online now.