boots for snow

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
So I'm determined to get some boots for Art at least, but Talon possibly as well, before winter hits. I always forget about it until mid-way through winter and then convince myself it's almost over so not needed, but I need to get some.

So what are the best boots to get to protect their feet during winter? I need something that's going to stay on Art's dainty little legs through snow and keep them warm.

If it's not super expensive that would also be a plus lol

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
I got a set of Muttlucks pretty cheap from a store-closing sale a few years back for Rigby.
A size small fit her skinny legs quite well, and once I got the hang of tightening them they did stay on. Thankfully she took to them pretty naturally as well.

I'm not entirely sure of how well they keep the paws warm though. I took this picture on an unusually cold day where even the boots couldn't save Rigby from the cold. She ran back inside, jumped onto the couch and refused to move.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
I don't have any experience with the cold weather version, but I know that Neo Paws has boots that are a bit different from the normal style and work well for dogs that can't keep anything else on their feet.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I got a set of Muttlucks pretty cheap from a store-closing sale a few years back for Rigby.
A size small fit her skinny legs quite well, and once I got the hang of tightening them they did stay on. Thankfully she took to them pretty naturally as well.

I'm not entirely sure of how well they keep the paws warm though. I took this picture on an unusually cold day where even the boots couldn't save Rigby from the cold. She ran back inside, jumped onto the couch and refused to move.
I'm pretty sure the dog store near my job sell's those, I wonder if they will let me try them on Art before buying.

He has such dainty little legs, but during the winter if I put him on the ground he screams in pain (frozen paws) after only a few minutes. I don't blame him either at certain points it was below 0F here with an extreme wind chill. So I really need warmth as well. I wonder if I line them with a bit of fleece if they would work?

crazedACD

The Pawz boots are the only ones I've found to work, and the dogs aren't very bothered with. I don't think they are "warm" but they do protect the feet. :)

Members online

No members online now.