poes day at PETSMART

poeluvr

We took poe to petsmart to but him a harness, leash, and id tag. he was super fantastic with the little dog, a bit frightened but will sniff em and stuff, its the big dogs he growls at . i fel like tellin them well if your growlin' cuz you wqant to tell them back off thats just going to get you in more trouble..o well

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
if it were me..when i saw the bigger dog coming down the isle, i would kneel down, say sit, push the wittle bottom down..putting my hand on his head i was say stay good boy that's just fine..in a calming way..if he started to growl. i would give a sharp low no with my voice, and then again reassure that all is fine. and that his behavior is as u want it to be, by sitting and staying in one place..with u by his side not standing, but on the same level so he knows you are in control. Ask the people to move on quicky and not let their dog sniff your puppy because he is just now beginning his socializing skills. U are his mama now, and if he knows that he doens't need to be afraid, then he won't be and the need to growl will be eliminated. I have never had a dog that i couldn't take anywhere. So i can only speak for what i do and what has worked for me. I treat a puppy as a child. I don't allow whining, or pulling me about, they need to know that u are boss so their behavior always cues from yours, not the reverse.

poeluvr

wow...thatas funny that is exactly what i did when i was in petsmart, it seems to be working thanx

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I think an awful lot of this is common sense. U nuture, u teach, u love..then they grow up and return with grace, grow old, there is an old country song..old dogs children and watermelon wine. You pup is a baby plain and simple.

poeluvr

i realize it is common sense how to teach him...i just wanted to share my story about his first time in petsmart?..:confused:

poeluvr

o thanks , both. thanx renee i didnt know what he meant, and thanx richie1234 i no ..lol i like him too. actually i love him!!

Members online

No members online now.