Sharpest Nail Clippers?

Hello,
I tried searching for this, but couldn't seem to find a thread.

So what is the brand of the sharpest nail clippers you have owned?

What are brands you have tried and were not good?

I asked a groomer once and I can't remember what brand it was.. but remember that the handles were orange.

RBark

Got Floof?
Well, probably a big factor is whether you keep it sharp or not. You'd need to know how to maintain a clipper's sharpness for a really sharp one to be of any value to you. They dull pretty quickly.

Oh I did not know that? How do you keep them sharp?

Do you know of any brands of these really sharp variety you are talking about? And is their a product you also need to keep them sharp?

I have one pair that I would say is still sharp. But I am looking at maybe getting another as I need to trim their nails pretty frequently since they got pretty long..

Thanks!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Millers Forge arw the ones with the orange handles. :)

I just use whatever the pet store has. My last pair was good for about 5 years before I felt like they were too dull.

RBark

Got Floof?
Oh I did not know that? How do you keep them sharp?

Do you know of any brands of these really sharp variety you are talking about? And is their a product you also need to keep them sharp?

I have one pair that I would say is still sharp. But I am looking at maybe getting another as I need to trim their nails pretty frequently since they got pretty long..

Thanks!
Oh I can't really recommend anything. I use a dremel instead, IMO it's much easier.

But, I deal with knives a lot and the sharpest knife will go dull if it's not taken care of. I can't imagine that not applying to sharp clippers too. I couldn't tell ya if there is a tool for sharpening them, but I can't imagine that groomers buy new clippers every time one goes dull so maybe someone can help you out there.

Members online

No members online now.