Where my dog tries to sleep

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor is upset that he cant get comfortable..and he wants to go to sleep. His blanket is in the other room..and that is where he wants us to go, but i can't yet so he is trying to sleep here, it just ins't working for him

Attachments

Saje

Island dweller
lol look at the look he's giving you/us :) That's so cute. :) I know that look!

sunny_day_va

SHiH TZU LOVE
Aww, that is exactly what Dude, my dog, does when his family (me) isn't there. He can't go to sleep not knowing that I am safe and he has to check up on everyone in the house...make sure they are all secure. Exept, he doesn't have a blanket, he has this one toy he ADORES! LOL :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor loves the big blue cotton down comforter..and he likes to be covered 100 percent. The gang here was laughing at him when he was digging and digging..they thought he was just being silly, but i knew what he wanted..he wanted underneath.

candy722

TOki loves his bed. I made him a mini bed for him and he loves it. When he gets tired he will go to bed and when he feels like snacking he will take it to his bed and chew on it. It's so cute. When I lay down on my bed he copies me and goes to his bed. hehe

EliNHunter

Victor is so CUTE!!! My Hunter has a fleece crate-liner with a down vest of mine that's right in front of a heater vent in my den (where we spend ALL our time). When it's REALLY cold in the winter time, I put the vest on him. He lubs it. :p

edited to add: Not that I crate him, I don't! It's a crate liner sans the crate!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Sounds like a good place for me! I like to be WARM :)

gapeach

Big Mutts
That look is adorable! Carey gets bothered by us too. She won't go to bed without us (she has homemade bed next to ours) When we let her in from pottying she'll run to the bedroom b/c she thinks we're going, few minutes later she'll come back out. Then she really gets confused lately b/c have been sleeping on couch in morning after James leaves for work(closer to Maggie's room, sometimes I can get her to sleep later if I go in and sing) Carey will come in living room and get under coffee table (her spot) or next to couch, but Maggie has been getting up a lot lately b/c she is sick, poor Carey gets up almost every time and comes in living room b/c she thinks it's time to move in there. Then I go back to bed and she'll get up and go back, never ending cycle. None of us are getting any rest!

TheMrs

awwww. My dog can get comfortable anywhere, anyway. She has a homemade bed in the living room, stocked with stuffed animals from my kid, and pillows. She loves pillows and uses them right (see dog pictures funny dogs "she knows comfort".) Most of the time tho I find her curled up at the foot of my daughters bed or laying in my spot on the couch. She is so spoiled.

Allyse718

I want 2 b a dog 4 a day
Well this may be completely pathetic, but I was looking through a catalog one day that had nothing but dog stuff. Well, since I have 3 dogs and they all LOVE to sleep on my bed, with me and my boyfriend... that doesn't work too well. Jasmine is about 30 lbs, Katy is almost 60, and Maggie, well she's only about 13. But still too crowded. So I saw these beds... they look like day beds. They have mattresses on them and the frame and everything. Well I got one BIG one to begin with, but that wasn't big enough for all three of them. So I got another big one. They LOVED the beds, and they were fairly inexpensive for being as nice as they were. Well, I was having my friend dogsit for me while I was on vacation during christmas. Never again will that happen.... somehow the beds ended up 'missing' and she has no idea how. Hmm.... seems to me like she took them and gave them to her mom who happened to want them. Grrrr what people think they have the right to do. Also, I told her that Maggie would need combed through every single day-she's a lhasa apso so she will get matted fur. It was quite obvious that she didn't do what I asked once. I couldn't get my fingers through Maggie's hair at all. I had to get her a puppy cut since the matting was so bad. Friends....

gapeach

Big Mutts
Doesn't sound like a very good frien, don't mean to offend you. :(

Hmmm . . . Alysse . . . I wonder how quickly those beds would have turned up if you had told her you were going to call the police to come and investigate a burglary! Maybe you should call her mother and ask how she is enjoying the beds!

I've got some designs for dog beds roughed out, and I should have a source for the visco memory foam that those expensive mattresses are made out of, so hopefully one of these days soon I'll have some good dog beds available at a reasonable price! (By the way, you're paying for a national advertising campaign, not the mattress with the big name brand of those mattresses - Charley's found a couple of lines that manufacture their mattresses from the same visco, from the same source, in the exact densities as the expensive ones that retail for $2500-$4000 - and he can sell them for $750 - so whatever you do, DON'T spend all that money when you can get the same thing for much, much less - I hate thinking my friends are getting taken advantage of :( )
Well, lol, that was my consumer tip for the day! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I dream of those...i want one so bad but am afraid if i do ever get one i will never want to get up!!! The only good thing i learned about sleeping on the floor (when my children were small and we were starting over again that was my bed) is that it is a relief in the morning to get up. Even when you fold three comforters..that floor is still hard and cold and makes you stiff. I don't think a lot of people realize just how hard that is on a dog and not natural either. I use to cry everytime i passed this dog at a car dealership..i called and left notes too but never saw the situation change...a dog with no where to lay/lie (someone tell me which is right..i have forgotten) down on nothing but concrete all night in the cold..it was so inhumane and he just howled. That is one service i really hate.the dogs that are trained to be aggresive and then released into business at night for protection. I call it DISPOSE A DOG..they make them mean and when the get "off work" the are chained to a military dog house. i think of dogs in that situation, and in puppy mills as slaves. it is wrong. At least a herding dog, or police dog has respect and good treatment.

Members online

No members online now.