Multifunctional leashes?

JacksonsMom

I was thinking it might feel a little heavy and bulky for Jackson, with the additional hardware.

This! Get a custom skinny with light hardware. My friend has this lead from Stibbar and it is great. Stibbar can make one a custom length so it's a bit longer for Jackson. Maybe you only need the handle to have a ring and snap?
I would love a leash from Stibbar eventually, Amber also had one of their braided leashes that I fell in love with, but I'll probably end up just doing a standard braided leash from them one of these days. When I find a need for it LOL... the braided ones are so pricey.

And I just like having an actual handle to hold on to which is why I ended up picking the BLD Super lead. So even when it's at it's shortened length I still have an actual handle to hold. I dunno, I'm weird

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GTKAJC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just ordered this one [appears to have handle end, which is a preference of mine as well], but don't get it until 21st so can't honestly tell you how it is. It looks a bit light, but I liked it seemed to be one of the longer ones and the reviews were decent so I'm taking a chance.

Good luck on whatever you decide.
Just got the one I ordered and personally, love it. Fits loosely and well around my shoulder/chest and gives enough slack down below. I got it more for hands free work and to have easy way to fasten if need be, etc. Does not have the looped handle I thought though, but will probably work for what I wanted or walking both my dogs at once.

Fyi, also tried it on my 16 y/o, 7 pound yorkie/pom and it reached to him no problem and he seemed to handle it just fine [not too heavy for him, etc]. However keep in mind, I am 5'9 and a fluffier girl, so maybe too long for nice short, less fluffier girls? :)

Just update for anyone who may of been curious.

Last edited:

JacksonsMom

Just got the one I ordered and personally, love it. Fits loosely and well around my shoulder/chest and gives enough slack down below. I got it more for hands free work and to have easy way to fasten if need be, etc. Does not have the looped handle I thought though, but will probably work for what I wanted or walking both my dogs at once.

Fyi, also tried it on my 16 y/o, 7 pound yorkie and it reached to him no problem and he seemed to handle it just fine [not too heavy for him, etc]. However keep in mind, I am 5'9 and a fluffier girl, so maybe too long for nice short, less fluffier girls? :)

Just update for someone who may of been curious.
Ok awesome! thanks for the feedback. Maybe I would be okay with a 6ft overall length then, since Jackson is larger (18lbs). I'm like 5'7" and a tad "fluffy" as well haha! ;) (I like that word :D)

Ok awesome! thanks for the feedback. Maybe I would be okay with a 6ft overall length then, since Jackson is larger (18lbs). I'm like 5'7" and a tad "fluffy" as well haha! ;) (I like that word :D)
lol Me too. :) One of the main reasons I went for longer was I was worried it would be cutting off my circulation [and frankly, my girl bits are annoying enough without being strapped and accented even more] or not giving enough slack to my dogs. I was very pleased, it's generous on both ends.

It's hard knowing until you get and try it, but it does sound like a shorter one would be ideal for you. Good luck! :)

JacksonsMom

Wow so impressed with BLD- they called me, wanted to make sure everything was perfect, got my height and Jackson's, etc, and wanted to speak in detail w/ me how I wanted the leash. They're going to draw me some sketches to see what I want and email me tomorrow!

Members online

No members online now.