Can You Identify Puppy's Breed??

ey guys, I'm new here.
I bought my beautiful new puppy Nyx 3 weeks ago and it has all been great.
There has been one thing on my mind though. She was advertised as a Siberian Husky, despite not looking much like one to me. Some have since asked if she was a husky without prompting making me confused as I never really believed she was one. I've been through lists of dog breeds and have not been able to find one she resembles. I'm starting to thing she is a mix breed. I'd love to know what breed she is and would be really grateful if you could help me find it out. She's 2 1/2 months old Thanks in advance

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

krissy

She doesn't look like a husky to me. I wouldn't take what people say on the street as gospel. People asked me if my Belgian was a husky many times. :)
My purebred greyhounds are whippets, borzoi, dobermans, Great Danes, salukis....

You probably need to wait until she's full grown. Puppies can look very different. Right now... maybe Border collie x shep?

amberdyan

I don't see Husky in her, but I'm not great at breed guesses. I could definitely be convinced that there's border collie in there though.

Whatever she is, she's adorable! : )

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
The bicolor like that is rare in huskies but I know a husky with similar markings. (show dog too though red and white)

Too young to tell IMO.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

These are Karelian Bear Dog's, it's been suggested to me Nyx could be one of these

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
My answer is simply. Young dog - can't tell yet and may not be able to tell for sure when older either. There is a wide amount of variation in the appearance of siberian huskies - especially those from racing lines. They also share the same registry as show bred sibes so this is not being confused with alaskan huskies which are another ball of wax.

I know someone in Canada who has several registered dogs marked just like yours.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
It's difficult to tell his breed at such a young age. Judging from the pictures, I'd say Border Collie x Husky.

Locke

She's adorable, whatever she is!

Does she have problems with her eyesight?

thehoundgirl

Yeah I think it's just the flash as well. Dixie's eyes were blue from the flash when she was a puppy and she has no eye issues. :)

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
I'm just repeating what everyone said, way too young to tell. :p

She's super duper cute though. Ahhhh.

The chances of a Karelian Bear Dog are near zero percent, being a rare breed and the way she was advertised. (Her overall shape even as a pup doesn't look like one either, besides the coloration. She has a slim body, slim limbs, and a narrow head.)

Members online

No members online now.