Tiny collars for tiny dogs

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Brisbane has approximately one million collars. Ru has maybe five because it's tough to find collars I like in that's-not-even-a-dog size. His neck is about 8" around, and anything stiff or substantial tends to rub him naked-er. Anyone have suggestions for tiny collars for rodent-like dogs?

JacksonsMom

Paco has some tiny cat collars that could be made into a dog collar. Not sure how thin you're wanting to go.

Le Cheat is 3/8" wide.

http://www.pacocollars.com/product/le-cheat/

But they obviously could go a bit wider too, like a 1/2" or 5/8".

CollarMania has some smaller fabrics - not as many work for smaller collars, but they're definitely on there.

I'm sure any of the popular leather companies could do a teeny collar- Paco, Karma, Ella's Lead, etc.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Summer and Mia are like 7-8 lbs. We have Karma collars and they're ok but a bit thick for them to wear long term. Idk, it's hard to find good tiny dog collars. I typically stick to cheap collars (they're walked on harnesses anyways).

California Collar company has a specific category of collars for dogs < 10 lbs. I haven't ordered from them before so don't know how tiny the collars really are.

http://californiacollarco.com/custom-dog-collars---1-2-

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Ru is about 6.5 pounds and nearly hairless. I just checked, and basically anything he wears on a regular basis is 3/8" or smaller. He is also walked on a harness, and a paracord leash (not braided, literally just a single cord) which basically makes him look like a rat on a string.

Cheap collars are cool, as long as they actually come in super-tiny. I was looking at Spindrift but they seem so bulky. I like Up Country collars but most of their patterns don't seem to transfer down to miniscule size.

Dogs by the Bay has some really cute stuff! That awesome shark collar only comes in 1" and wider though, and Ru is only about 1" from his ear to his shoulder. A lot of fabrics don't look as good in teensy strips.

JacksonsMom

Ru is about 6.5 pounds and nearly hairless. I just checked, and basically anything he wears on a regular basis is 3/8" or smaller. He is also walked on a harness, and a paracord leash (not braided, literally just a single cord) which basically makes him look like a rat on a string.

Cheap collars are cool, as long as they actually come in super-tiny. I was looking at Spindrift but they seem so bulky. I like Up Country collars but most of their patterns don't seem to transfer down to miniscule size.

Dogs by the Bay has some really cute stuff! That awesome shark collar only comes in 1" and wider though, and Ru is only about 1" from his ear to his shoulder. A lot of fabrics don't look as good in teensy strips.
I like Up Country collars but I THOUGHT the smallest they come was 5/8" but maybe I'm wrong about that. Here was a 5/8 on 18lb Jackson, 12" neck.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I love my Morgan Collars for the ferrets. Cynthia (Maxfox426) did a fantastic job of making them tiny. She has quite a few fabrics that work for tiny collars. I also have a La Cheat collar from Paco. It was sent as a gift for a ferret that passed away before it got here, so it hasn't spent much time on a ferret, but when I put it on I loved how it fit too. Not too bulky either, for my 5-6" neck, sub-1.5lb ferrets ;)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
When we had Cooper, he wore a cat collar. LOL It came in a pretty print, it was soft and flexible, it didn't have a safety release on it, and it fit him wonderfully.

We walked him on a harness anyway, so the only thing it needed to do was hold his tags regardless.

Karma (dog on the left) has a very thin Paco Collar.

I have a friend who does amazing leather work, I wonder if she could make you a super slim leather color and back it with a soft suede or deer skin so it will not rub. She has done that with leather cuffs.

Look up Sugar Lady Studio on Facebook. (FB is blocked at work and I cannot post a link) and send her a message.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
We recently got Mes Amis collars and I like them a lot. Sooo soft. I'm not 100% sure they come super small, but worth checking!

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Those Mes Amis collars look wonderful! I might have to order one for Brisbane. Looks like they only go as small as 1/2" wide though, and 1/2" buckles are so gigantic and bulky on a dog that isn't even really a dog.

It looks like the only truly tiny Paco collar is Le Cheat, and I'm not crazy about star conchos. They're custom create-a-collar tool doesn't even give 3/8" as an option. Also paying $50 for a wee strip of leather feels weird. I almost want to drag out my leather tools and make him something myself. Almost.

I feel ya!

I'm in the same boat. I prefer rolled leather collars on my guy with a 10" neck. Most of the suggestions in this thread I, personally, consider too wide.

My favorite was given to me so I have no idea where it came from but probably Tractor Supply! The other was from a show vendor and it came with a leather butterfly cut out. That is all I know about the maker. Both have metal buckles that are lightweight and tiny.

I've heard good things about Schaaf Leatherworks super fine narrow collars.

I take the collar off every night to reduce rubbing.

Members online

No members online now.