The Good News thread

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Oh my word... We just had a fundraiser at our church to get a new
PROJector (the one we currently have is super old and is dying a slow painful death lol). So we sold spaghetti dinners and it was very successful but then.... Someone walked in and handed us $500 :eek: we know the person but it was totally unexpected. I was in total shock and didn't know what to say so I stood there with this idiotic look on my face and thanked her profusely lol.

Projectors are expensive (and the things we need to go with it) so we weren't sure if we
Would be able to raise near enough and then this totally unexpected gesture happened! I'm in awe!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Wow, that's amazing! Congrats.
I'm so excited for him! He's only been competing a few years. In 2012 he had only been competing a year or two and barely missed the olympic tryouts.

Such a funny story, he is a hunter and has been a long time. He took archery at college for his PE credit as kind of a gimme A and the professor made him join the archery team afterwards. Now he's been competing and doing really really well against people who have been training and competing their whole lives. He's been working his tail off.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I made peach pies today. This one is the show quality one of the batch lol the others i didn't bother with lattice on all of them because ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Now that my bath tub is FINALLY in I am starting to make more fun bath stuff to sample and test:)

Today I made some mini bubble bar testers.....keeping my fingers crossed for these guys

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Now that my bath tub is FINALLY in I am starting to make more fun bath stuff to sample and test:)

Today I made some mini bubble bar testers.....keeping my fingers crossed for these guys
Is it wrong that the soap looks good enough to eat? :eek:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I really enjoy when dogs have grown man names.

Today I met a dog named Gregory and it made me very happy lol

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Tomorrow will be my last day driving to work from this house!!!!! EEep!

I feel like I am finally leveling up into being a real adult.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I am trying to convince my dad to keep the horse he just rescued. she's a gorgeous little 18 month old paint tennessee walker filly named Willow. Apparently the slaughter truck was going to pick her up tomorrow. Her owner could not afford to feed her and board her. She's tiny and very thin but so prettily marked and seems to move very well.... I love the name too.

Anyways, she's either staying or going to a friend's. I really hope she stays!

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I have to applaude myself because I am so prepared for my wedding I could get married tomorrow ha ha. And the wedding still 11 months away.

I have the venue booked, the photographer, the caterer, the officiant, my wedding dress, Tyler and the best mans suit. A bulk of my diy stuff done. I'm awesome.

Melle

Today's been reasonably productive. Finally got the vacuum cleaner to work, lots of cat snuggles, put away the portable air conditioner, more cat cuddles, threw some trash away and moved more junk, more cat cuddles. Made a little notepad keeping track of my regular and irregular spending for a good start with this account.

I think I can come to a compromise in terms of pets. An ideal situation with any dog is a few years off I expect. I can pack all of that stuff away. I feel kind of empty without maintaining a rodent habitat though and I've been on the verge of rats for years. Now being financially independent, I definitely want to set up a habitat beside my bed and have some furry little training partners. That way I can have my ESA, and also quench my thirst for training and adorable small things.

What have I not owned? o_O I've had hamsters, gerbils, mice, guinea pigs, cats, dogs, snakes, salamanders. And an anole named Rudy. And fish.

Well, I think I've reached a balance to keep me happy, mentally healthy, but not stressed and strung out.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I kind of just impulsively bought a new lens for my camera. And I went even crazier and paid extra for guaranteed Saturday delivery because why not. I want to take pictures THIS WEEKEND lol.

This is only in the good news thread because I'm trying to remain optimistic that I will like it!

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
I *think*I'm starting to come out of this funk/depression. Hopefully.

For once, things are starting to look positive.I'm actually motivated to do things. And exercise. That's been happening.

Members online

No members online now.