vent time

Y

yuckaduck

I just have to vent because I was mad as hell yesterday. I went out shoping with a friend who was looking for dog food, she's getting a new puppy and wants to be set up first before puppy arrives. The only place to get Wellness in this area is at a petstore in the mall so we went because she wants to feed that. At the pet store there were 2 sheltie mix pups 3 months old in the little cages. They look more collie because they were rather big. When we asked why they were kept in such small cages the girl said well we let them out to play for an hour. So we asked the price $500 each, why don't you lower the price so someone adopts them oh we would rather take them to the humane society than lose money. Wouldn't they lose money that way too. If I had $1000 I would have had two more pups here. I had to just vent, because it makes me angry. Needless to say my friend did not get her dog food there, as she did not wish to support people who obviously only care about money and not the welfare of the animals.

:mad: Tell everyone you know about this . . . Tell the humane society . . . Tell anyone who will listen.

And good for you and your friend for not supporting the place. Maybe another store in the area will be willing to stock Wellness for you if you explain the situation.

I cant stand going into pet stores which sell puppies. I just walk on by. It breaks my heart seeing them caged up. I want them all!

Fran27

I think if I worked in a petstore selling puppies I would get fired after a day.

It's really sad though, it was my dream when I was younger and didn't know better.

showpug

Nothing makes me more livid the pet stores :mad: They make me sick and red in the face. I can't go in them anymore because I just get so heartbroken and angry. No dog or puppy deserves this kind of environment and as long as people buy from them they will sell puppies. I once saw a Cairn Terrier for sale in a pet store for about $700 and it looked like it had strangles and was going to die any minute :eek: Or, how about the time I saw piles of poop in the cages and the poop was loaded with roundworms!!! I am getting madder writing this! Do you know there is actually a life-long condition that some pet store puppies develop? I learned about it in the vet clinic after observing some adult dogs that were purchased at a pet store when they were fairly old puppies. Whenever these dogs get excited or nervous they circle out of control. It is caused by being crammed in a little cage and the only thing they can do is move in circles. So the behavior just sticks with them for life.... It's very sad :(

Y

yuckaduck

I called the Ottawa Humane Society and they said there was nothing they could do. So I went with our local by law officer who is a rather imposing man nice but imposing to look at and he promised to bring charges against the pet store if they didn't find a home for the pups NOW. So they asked me to make an offer since I was the on complaining. I had $50 in my wallet and bought myself to collie pups. Already found home for the little female. SHe went to my mom's dairy farm and I'm pretty sure they are going to take the male as well. They were discussing it. Also there were three little shit zu mixes that I didn't even see, the by law officer took those free. That particular pet store is not even zoned to sell anything more than small rodents and as a result they face charges and fines through the city by laws. Cool nail the buggers. It is really close to where I live I can walk there and have never set foot in the place. Imagine this happening in my own back yard. I will be paying more attention to this kinda thing. Rather full apartment right now, 2 kids, i rabbit and 3 puppies. WOW! And I thought I was crazy before, you ought to see me now. :eek:

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Renee750il said:
GREAT WORK! Super job . . . Just goes to show what you can do armed only with a loud mouth and a cause :D
And don't forget $50!! lol! :D Well Done Yuckaduck! I applaud you! :D

Y

yuckaduck

Mom gave me $50 for the female even though I didn't ask for it,now I just can't wait til we deliver the pup. They live 3 hours away and being a farm they can't come to me so I have to go to them. There farm dog just died at age 17 years so they were not ready for a new pup but under these circumstances they felt they could handle it and it would be fun. When they go away they usually put there doggy in the big empty horse barn they don't believe in crates so I think I have them convinced to take the male too. They are only worried about when to spay and neuter as they don't want litters of puppies so they are consulting there vet on whether it is a good idea to have two the same age, and when to fix them.

Y

yuckaduck

Yes and vaccines, just waiting to hear from mom, because I know she wants to do a vet check right away and I don't have the money for that. So if I can deliever them or her depending on there choice today or tomorrow that would be good. They are 3 months old and don't even have there first booster, they are not socialized at all. They are very timid even with each other. My big galot there is being very nasty to the pups. He is so rough.

yuckaduck said:
. . . There farm dog just died at age 17 years so they were not ready for a new pup but under these circumstances they felt they could handle it and it would be fun. When they go away they usually put there doggy in the big empty horse barn they don't believe in crates so I think I have them convinced to take the male too.
It sounds like everything was meant to happen as it did! ;)

Y

yuckaduck

Yeah haw Mom and Dad are taking both pups and I don't even have to deliver them my uncle is going too. They leave at 3 pm only an hour and 15 mins left I can last that long. Mom is taking them to vet Sat morning for first booster and deworm as well as heartworm and check ups. Cool this is the best news ever.

Y

yuckaduck

They just left and not crated either he is going to leave them loose in the truck while he is driving and he said if they get crazy he can stop and tie them to the passenger side so they don't cause an accident but they should be fine. Mom is supose to call tonight and tell me how things are so I will keep you all posted.

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
There really needs to be more people like you out in this world I am so happy for those pups and glad that you are such a caring person

Members online

No members online now.