I found a Puppy!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Well, while I was walking Gustav and Barley (My parents dog) Monday night I found a Puppy. Well more accurately he found us!!
He is 8 weeks the vet thinks, so only a teeny baby!! Apparently a neighbour said he saw the mother and three other babies on Sunday so poor pup had been out for nearly 2 days alone!! No wonder he was starved!!!! Everyone thinks that someone has just dumped the mother and babies!!

I can't posssibly keep him, although he is sweet natured, Comes when you call, sits like a good boy for his dinner, and He's the cutest darn thing you have ever seen!! Gus HATES him!! He keeps snapping and snarling at the poor devil, Li Li keeps spitting at him and they are both generally miserable that he is here!! I have to find him somewhere else and quickly, either that or he is going to have to go to the rescue center! After all Gus was here first and I have a responsibility to make sure that he is happy! Doesn't stop me from feeling sad about the whole situation though!!

I have temporaryly named him Ivan ( here it's pronounced Evaan), (good Russian name! It means a gratious gift from god. Very fitting!

Here he is: Not a great Photo but it's the one I used for his posters! Don't think anyone is coming to claim him though!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Since I posted this I have had a phone call and Ivan has a new home!!!! :D

I found him a home on a farm, with 3 Horses, a Springer Spaniel who wants to mother him and, a young girl called Hannah who will love him and pet him to distraction!

I feel sad! :( It's not that I don't think they will look after him because I know that they will, I wouldn't have left him with them if I didn't think they would look after him. It's just that I was longing for a puppy and one arrives and I have to give it away!!! It doesn't help that my parents have just left and i'm feeling lonely!

I will go and see Ivan (not sure what his new name will be!) over the weekend, to make sure he is ok! But I think he will be as happy as a pig in the preverbial!!

Good Luck and God Bless Ivan!!

kirby

OMGosh he's so cute! and I love his name, i hope you find a good home for him, I know a lot of people out there are looking for adorable puppies, it makes me sad that someone would dump their dogs somewhere though jeez, thats terrible :(

EDIT: YAYA! you found a home! thats great! and i'm sure he'll be happy :D

Aw, Gus! I'll bet you did want to keep him. Wonder what's up with Gustav? He's usually such a happy, friendly fellow :confused:

I've missed you - glad you're back. Hope you had a good visit with your parents.

nicco

Wolfpack
Gus, you did such a great job.Really.It's so good that you've found him a home...And OMG he is soooooooooooooooo cute.Really!!!I think he'll turn out to be a handsome canine...

kiss kiss
nicco

aurorab

He is so cute!!!
I;m so glad you found him a home and that you are checking on him to make sure everything goes ok.
You did a wonderful thing don't be sad be happy. You saved him and found him a wonderful home and now he will have a wonderful life!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
You can't hardly blame Gus, after all he adores the ground you walk on and probably feel threatened with your excitement over the wee baby..and what a sweetie that is! Good for you for finding such a good home..sounds ideal. Poor Gus, shame to get a bad rap for loving your mama so much you don't want to share, give him a hug for me!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
smkie said:
You can't hardly blame Gus, after all he adores the ground you walk on and probably feel threatened with your excitement over the wee baby..and what a sweetie that is! Good for you for finding such a good home..sounds ideal. Poor Gus, shame to get a bad rap for loving your mama so much you don't want to share, give him a hug for me!
I don't blame Gus in the slightest!! :D Barley was just as bad and this isn't his home!!! :eek:

Well Pup has gone, I took him to his new home last night! Awwww! I miss him! But I will see him again soon for puppy snuggles and this way I get the best of both worlds, Puppy play and snuggles without the destroyed house and sleepless nights! lol!

After pup went I took Gus for a huge 3 hour walk, brushed him, chatted to him, gave him treats and we both curled up on the sofa and watched a film together! lol!
Gus is back to his happy smiley self, It made me laugh, when I walked in with the empty cat carrier after taking the pup over to his new house Gus looked in it and I said to him "He's gone!" Gus barked and did one of his wiggley dances and jumped about! I think he was delighted! I told him that I'd found Puppy a new mummy and he would be well looked after and Gus seemed to think that this was the best news he'd heard in a long time! He keeps coming up to me and smiling! lol! It prooves that I have made the right decision! Gus in his infinate wisdom has shown me the way again! Because I was very tempted to keep Ivan!!!!! Katelina is also over the moon, she slept on my chest all night! :eek: Very rare!!!

All is almost back to normal Chez Nous now! Well as normal as it ever gets! :D

Members online

No members online now.