bad news

Today, there was a realy long and loud thunder, with rain.
Chino, my dog that lives out in the backyard got so freaked out and came in the house (through the open door).
when my mom told me o get him out, I tried to, but he grr-ed at me..
Mom was afraid that he mite bite me so she didnt let me touch him after that.
later after thunder, Chino came out to backyard, and mom wants to send him back to the shelter where we got him. She's been afraid of Chino since we got him, because he bit our pool cleaner, and my aunt.
I've loved him for7 months now, and I dont want to let him go, but my mom so afraid of him.
what do you tink i should do?
Your reply counts!! :)

Maybe he should be allowed in the house and trained and become part of the familly then he might not be afraid and no more biting and growling. You might also consider socialling the dog if you havent allready.

No to highjack your thread...

LOSE YOUR SIGNATURE IT IS TOO BIG!!!!

It's very unfair to leave Chino outside all the time, especially if he is that afraid of thunder.

The growling was out of fear; he was telling you that he was terrified to go back outside into the thunder. I'll bet he calmed down after the storm passed, didn't he? When there's a storm coming, poor Chino needs to be somewhere that he can feel safe and he needs to be left alone and not bothered. You don't want to reinforce his idea that the storm is something bad by making a fuss over him, but you don't want to make him sit outside terrified. Imagine being confronted with the thing you feared most and being cut off from any shelter or anyplace you might feel safe . . .

If Chino hasn't shown any desire to bite you before, I wouldn't worry about this - I just wouldn't leave him outside to be terrified! Is there any reason your Mom doesn't want Chino inside, especially since your other dog is allowed inside?

Julie

I am back again.
fearless,
I know you are what, about 15 years old? I will try to explain a few things from my advanced age and wisdom.

You learn as you go.....
If you have a dog that lives out in your back yard, you should'nt get another.
Your dog was very scared and wanted to be in a safe place, The house seemed safer to the dog. (smart dog).

What kind of dog do you have that your mother is soooo afraid of?
And if she is afraid of that breed, why do you have one?

Since you live with your mother, you can't really be responsible for where the dog stays, but you can take some responsibility for accessing the situation, and doing what is right by talking with your mother, and if she is still against the dog in the house belonging to your family, then maybe the best alternative is finding a loving new home.

Dogs in lonely yards or on chains are like a prisoner doing time........Only the dog is really innocent!!!

One more thing,
I read an article, and dogs get more freaked out by weather (thunder, lightening, etc.) than gunshots and fireworks. I believe it......

Good Luck,
Julie.

Julie

I am back again.
Oh, I also wanted to say, Your sig is very annoying. But I will let it pass, because I know how some teenagers like to stand out. And boy does it ever!!!!

bubbatd

You have 2 dogs, want another one ??? Let's just concentrate on the 2 you have, It's not fair to leave a dog outside that needs to be inside with you, What are their ages and breeds ? And yes, why so many dogs in your sig !!! Sure were wasted on me !

Richie12345

What I don't get is why people don't think about educating themselves b4 getting a dog(s)... You obviously don't understand a dog's behavior so I would suggest buying a book on dogs, or get some info from websites. I would say books are better because most of them are actually by vets and such who actually study dogs while dog websites can be made by anyone. About the whole sig thing... ppl with a low bandwith would die of old age from waiting so long for this website to load... I know I am being mean, I'm starting to get grumpy that's all, so you gotta excuse me...

M

Manchesters

Yard Dogs

Dogs are pack animals, and as such belong inside with their family. It is as ridiculous to leave a dog out alone and unattended as it would be to leave a 2 year old human child. It should be a requirement that people must have an IQ test before being allowed to own a dog, so it would be known if those people were more intelligent than the dogs in question.

Perhaps Mom might benefit from being thrown out into the yard and made to stay there during a rip roaring thunderstorm? She how she likes all that lightning streaking around her head. Some people just should not be allowed to own dogs period. And with many people the kindest thing they could do would be to NOT have a dog.

Just my humble lady like opinion, of course.

Fran27

Like everyone said. What's the point of getting a dog from a shelter if you're going to let him outside? Getting a dog from a shelter implies being responsible, and it means training him, and not leaving him on his own in the yard... Don't you think the dog was alone enough in the shelter??

I agree with what's been said, if you treat your dogs this way, don't get another one! You'd be better off training the ones you have already.

frznbuns

I agree, if you are going to get a dog it is a family thing and all the family should be together on it. As for leaving a dog outside all the time. People need to put a tent up in their yards and go live in them for days and days at a time and see how it feels. I hate seeing dogs chained up in the yard in all types of weather. It is unfair to the dog. if you are unable to keep a dog in the house some of the time then DO NOT GET A DOG!
as for your sign for your name.. just my opinion.. but with all the banning of breeds for being viscious and the type of board this is I really think you should think about changing it!!

aurorab

Ok 1st what kind of dog is it. From another post I thought you had a doxi mix. I think someone said you had 2 dog???? If that is the 1 that is outside that is a very little dog to be outside. They aren't really the outside type of dog. 2nd anydog might get scared in a storm and trying to throw him back out in that was probably terrifying to him, it makes sense that he growled. Plus think about it he was in a shelter, that alone isn't the best situation and now he has to live outside, also not the best situation. It's really not fair to him. And you have had him 7 months and now your mom wants to get rid of him. Have there been issues b4 this? And didn't your family think of your sisters asthma b4 you got the dog????
I have 2 dogs and have very bad allergies and asthma. I used an allergen reducing shampoo, brush them and use a dander reducing spray on them. plus I spray the house w/ fabreeze allergin reducer and sweep the house regularly. I know that I wanted a dog and b/c of my problems I had to do more than most to have a dog. After I made that decision then I got a dog. I might be a lot of work but when you get a dog you have to be aware of what it takes to have a dog and do what needs to be done for a dog.
I really think your family needs to sit down and discuss this and decide if this is the right situation for your dog, if it is not please find him a good home, where he can be cared for properly and if you give him to a shelter please make sure it is a nonkill shelter! Also try rescues in your area. Please think of what is best for your dog, what he needs, and if you can give that to him.
Let us know what happens, ok.

Richie12345

I'm sure you're not going to be able to keep the dog(s), because none of you were expecting so many responsibilities. So do what Aurorab said, find that dog a good home! Also, thanks for making the sig smaller, I appreciate it!

sharpeilover

Dogs rule humans drool
y, dd u get a dog, knowing yr sis has asmatha u could of got a dog, where it can live with ppl who have asthama like poodles i think and shar peis

Julie

I am back again.
This is very strange. I get an email saying there is a new post..
This is what it said....

.:fearless4dogs:. has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - bad news - in the Dogs - General Dog Chat forum of Chazhound Dog Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7972&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
actually Chino's my friend's dog and over summer I have to watch over him, but his hair comes off too much, and he is VERY big.
His legs are the only small things in his body.

Now I click on the link and it doesn't say that at all.
What do you all think???

Can posts be edited or deleted?

Julie.

aurorab

Julie that is odd. Plus what it says is even more confusing. 1st he was adopted 7 months ago and now he is a friends dog that they are watching? Why would you let someone watch you dog that had to keep him outside and why would you watch someones dog if somone in your family could be around him.
Very very odd.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yes find that poor thing a good home. No wonder he bites people. How much time do you spend with him everyday. does he have any shelter out there? definately not fair to the dog. if it is a friends dog then you better get a hold of this friend and tell him to come and get his dog or you are going to have to put it in a kennel and they will have to foot the bill until they get back. That dog should not be left outside on its own

Members online

No members online now.