Baby wasn't bad...

aurorab

I felt so bad yesterday.
Well I thought Baby was being bad or at least doing something she shouldn't. She disappeared and would come when I called her. I was getting ready for work and she wasn't in the living room. When I went upstairs she was in the kennel. I finally got her out but she kept going back in. Finally I had to pull her out.I didn't hurt her but she cried like I did -we think that she does this b/c her old owner beat her, from other things we know that they did. Anyway, I could figure out what she did and she was acting really odd. I had to go to work and her and Mira were in the kennel and I tried to look around to see what she did... and found nothing. I felt so bad all day.i was so worried thatI'd get home and she'd be mad at me. She's a chi and yes she can get mad and that can be bad. She my husband used to get her mad she would leave him presents so that when he stepped out of bed he'd get her present. She hasn't done that in like a yr. But when my mom left her out, she didn't put her in the kennel and forgot that she was in her bed asleep.The sweet heart went upstairs and left a little something on one of her dresses. It is very rare that she does this but she has so that's why I thought she had to have done something. So far I've found nothing and I hate the fact that I got upset and she got so scared (screaming and all).
Has anyone else even gotton mad at their dog and it wasn't their fault? I know she's over it but it just got me so upset. It's a horrible sound to hear her scream. I think that's what got me the most upset. Weve had her for 2 yrs and I still get so mad when I think of her past owners and what they did to her.
Thanks I just needed to vent and needed a bit of support.

Fran27

I'm confused... Why did you take her out of the kennel if she didn't do anything bad? And even if she had, what would it do to get upset at her after the fact? To be honest, I'm not surprised if she's scared, if you get upset when you find something she might have done hours ago.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Don't worry I have gotten angry with Teddy for just being a puppy sometimes. We had jsut gotten home and we were going to take him outside for a walk and as i was bent over getting him ready he jumped up to lick my face just as i was coming down and caught his sharp puppy tooth on the inside of my nose. It was so painful and the only thing i could think of at the time was being mad at the dog because it was his tooth lol it wasn't really his fault but it just seemed like the most horrible thing he has ever done at the time lol. People are impulsive. It happens. :D

aurorab

I though she had done something bad. She can be a little sneek. And it wasn't that I was upset at her at 1st i just didn't know why she would come out (usually she only dose that if she has done something bad and she's hiding). And she wasn't gone long. I was getting ready for work and she wasn't in the living room any more and shewouldn't come when I called her. Again usually only something she does when she did something wrong. I was taking her out of the kennel b/c I had to see if she took anything in there. I had to get her out and take anything else out to check it. for example one time my husband called her she wouldn't come out of her bed (it was downstairs not in her kennel). When he came over and checked her bed she had climbed onto the table and took a stick of butter. She would come out of the bed b/c she knew she did something wrong.
Anyway when I got her to come out of the kennel I picked her up, when I did she was screaming. She was afraid I was going to beat her. i never have and never will but these horrible people that had her must have. So I really didn't do anything to her and she didn't do anything but b/c she was screaming I felt horrible. I didn't even yell at her. i just said "Baby why didn't you come when I called, what did you do?" then "Baby come out of there" after I got her to come out I picked her up, b4 she could go back in so I could check the kennel and she started to scream like I was beating her. I wasn't and wasn't even yelling at her.
Does this make it any clearer? I just felt bad b/c she got so upset, not that I necesarily did anything wrong or to her. It probably just reminder her of how she was treated and she was scared. I have only heard her act like that 1 time b4 and that was 2 yrs ago when we 1st got her.
I just felt so bad and wondered if anyone has ever gotten mad at their dog and found out later that it wasn't them and felt bad.
I never hurt her and NEVER would! I didn't mean it to sound like that AT ALL.

aurorab

Fran I hope this explains it better.

Renee and sparks thanks I just felt really bad and just need to vent.

plus I know she's ok she was giving we so many kisses last night and of course I had to spend extra mommy and Baby only time to make me feel better.

Poor Baby. She could have even had a dream that she did something bad so thought it had really happened. And her past experiences led her to retreat to her kennel for punishment or safehouse reasons and she screamed because you removed her from that. My Rx for Baby is LOT'S of extra lovin' from Mamma's oven for Baby!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
one thing a dog does so much better then his owner is forgive..it is one of their unique and angel like characteristics..i have met a few that held a grudge, but that was the exception to the rule. I have seen dogs forgive owners that didn't deserve it.

Yes, smkie! I am involved with rescue where we get HORRENDOUS cases of abuse yet the dogs are still SOOO capable of loving and forgiving. We humans need to learn from them...

aurorab

Thanks everyone. I do feel better and we had a nice long talk last night and lots of hugs and kisses. It's been a bit stressful for all of us right now. The new house, going back and forth (she doesn't do well in cars but she's been doing greeat), we got Mira just over a month ago- so she now has a new sister and is no longer an only child. My parents went on vacation so they have to be in the kennel all day- my Mom had them during the day and even though she slept most of the day she usually had someone around when she got up. So I think that she's been a bit reserved lately and she may have wanted some alone time.
But lastnight she was happy and loving so I guess alls good. Were all still in the adjustment stage but it should be ok.
Today is my last day at work and tomorrow I'm going to stop by work w/ Mira and Baby to meet everyone. I can't wait they have seem pictures but it's not the same. Then we get to pack up the truck and move. Hopefully Baby will be ok on the drive. This time she will have to be in the seat by herself b/c I have to drive (I have been having her on my lap). Keep your fingers crossed!
Thanks again for the support. I guess the stress was getting to me too.

Members online

No members online now.