Tips is back

Fran27

Tips is back from the vet. He's doing great, he did a huuuuuuuuge pee on their floor, he was great in the car. I took him outside to pee, he didn't, but he pooped (although he looked a bit constipated).

I gave him a bit of food and water, but he barked at Boris when he tried to take some of the food, and not very nicely... I guess he is really starving.

Anyway, any advice on what to do? He has stitches for another 10 days, so he's not supposed to play and run too much. I also need to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't go after the stitches. The thing is, Boris keeps sniffing and licking him down there, and Tips is just acting like before, and running around like a crazy pup.

Any advice? I left him in the room with me and he was not happy (Boris is stubborn and won't come in because he knows i will close the gate), and I need to keep an eye on him so leaving him free in the house is a no no...

What do you think?

Debi

Hammie had to wear an E collar for a week to keep him away from his stitches. amazingly (outside of beating up the walls) he did really well with it. it's hard to keep them too subdued..all you can do is try to keep the calm. I remember when Addie was spayed..they said 'absolutely NO steps'..which of course, she tore up the steps the minute we were home. I think I was lucky in that Ham just felt like sleeping more for a couple days. give Tips a BIG HUG from me!!! :)

Welcome back Tips.

Glad it is over and he is doing well. Odo and Odie started on their stitches the first day. So it was the e-collar for them. It was a hassle but it saved problems down the road. Also a little neosporin(sp) helped to keep it moist which helped the itching, and avoid infection.

Fran27

Yeah Boris had one, but the vets said Tips didn't go after the stitches. But of course now he does, so my husband is going to pick up a collar at lunch... Bah I hate those things.

Fran27

Ok we got the collar... Tips hates it. He doesn't dare looking up at all with it, and he's just standing there with his tail between his leg. Poor baby :( Plus Boris started pulling on the collar and I had to seperate them, don't want Tips to snap at him because he's already miserable nor Boris to strangle him.

Ugh, it's going to be a long 10 days :(

Debi

after a couple days when Hammie felt back to his old self, he loved coming up behind me and giving me a push...now that's something he does, but with that E collar on...I'd go flying across the kitchen. here he was...goofey and awkward anyway..with his big head and that HUGE collar. I tried clearing wide paths everywhere...he still banged thru doorways..UGH. I was beyond thrilled when that collar came off!!!! it was so worth it, tho...it enabled him to heal quickly. poor Tips....I'll be happy when he is back to his little normal self!

I feel for you fran im going through the same thing too, shadows being spayed today. not sure if she'll have an e collar or not. Hope tips has a speedy recovery. :)

Fran27

He's doing much better now, mostly ignoring it, and running around like a goofball with Boris, playing... I think what bothers me most with it is when they follow you so close they want to smell you, and all the time that stupid collar is getting into your skin. Ugh.

We had a surprise today though (well it started last night). 3 piles of diarrhea in the living room. We thought it was Tips, because of the surgery and all, but nooo, it was Boris. I guess it was a bit big for Tips. What a beautiful way of starting the day :D

I had a suprise like that last night in the kitchen, I slipped in it, almost when arse over tit! was hell of a suprise! shadow has a bit of an upset stomach cos im changing over her food.

Fran27

It's really amusing now, he's doing the same things he used to, but we keep hearing big WHAMS from when his collar hits something, lol. For example, when I put the food in his bowl, he just runs down the corridor to wait for me in his crate... WHAM on the kitchen doorway, WHAM on the corridor wall, WHAM on the computer room doorway, WHAM on the sides of the crate... Got to love it :D

For the diarrhea, nothing more today, canned pumpkin helped. He had 6'' bully stick yesterday and I think his stomach wasn't too fond of it...

Members online