Cushions etc

Fran27

I just found the boys sleeping on the couch. Something they've never done, usually they just rest there but go on the floor to sleep. The problem is, the floor is cold.

We have some things to put in the crate, but they're made off some plastic thing under the cover, and they love to destroy it. We have a pad also, but Boris ripped off a part of it and it's now the cat's favorite place to sleep, at the top of Boris' crate.

So, I'm thinking of buying some cushions for the boys to sleep on. A big one for the bedroom, and two in each boy's crate (as Boris still sleep in his during the day). I just don't seem to find what I want, I'd like something comfy they can't destroy in 5 minutes...

Any suggestion? What do you guys have for your dogs to sleep on?

shadow used to have a bed in the living room and that was foam covered in material, she ripped that to shreds, now she just sleeps on the floor or on the sofa. In the kitchen (where she sleeps during the night) she has a plastic basket and in it we've folded a sleeping bag in half and she sleeps on that, she hasn't touched it. and its really comfy. You could try that?

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
We have cold floors, too. I just use a small, cushy throw blanket. Zeus likes it better than a cushion because he can nest in it and arrange it to his liking. It's funny to see him grab an end in his mouth, stretch it out, then move over a few steps and repeat until he has his bed "made." The blanket is also much easier to throw in the wash and keep clean.

mwood322

Couch when I'm not home. At night mine sleeps on a folded papasan chair cushion. Papasans are big round chsirs, and the cushion is perfect folded in half for my 55 lb dog. They also only cost $30 bucks on sale. I do cover all her beds and the couch with sheets and periodically wash them to keep most of the dirt off the beds and couch. Otherwise she sleeps on the floor.

When she was younger she did destroy beds, so I didn't buy her more expensive ones until she hit 2 years.

--Mia

bubbatd

I made one for Bubba from a child's sleeping bag too. folded in quarters and sticked up the sides. I've got a bunch of old spreads I use for visitors. Good Will's a good place to shop.

The girls have big dog pillows with covers. If those aren't clean they sleep on old blankets and/or sheets. I want to get one nice big bed to stick in the family room (a.k.a. the dog room, as that's where the dogs usually are and where all their stuff is) for them to rest on.

Fran27

Just plain blankets is a good idea, here it's the kind that tends to make static, so that's not going to work :(

Keep the ideas coming!

Members online

No members online now.