has anyone heard about

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
the service dog, a german shepard that has been heavy in the news in Kansas City? The original owner was from New Orleans..and he is handicapped. He had to come here and couldnt' find a place that would let him keep his service dog so he did the only thing he could..he placed it in a home with this woman. He had no choice..he had to put a roof over his family's heads.. Then almost immediantly after he did find a home for his family where he could have the dog. He asked for it back..and the woman said NO. The news picked this story up... people offered money..first 500 then another added ..then someone doubled it..offering this woman 2000 dollars to give this guy (i can't remember if he was a vet or not) his service dog back...she still said no. She said he wasn't even from New Orleans..but the news said yes he was and they confirmed his fema papers...just when you think you have heard it all........talk about no heart. An attorney offered to sue her, but the man said he didn't want to do that..that one day she would be treated as she was treating him. I got a feeling that day will be sooner then she thinks..everyone is outraged at her. This happened in Independence Missouri. The news channel is still recieving e-mails abut i gues she hasn't caved in yet. THe man was sincere in his love for his dog..you could tell it went far above being a service ...

nancy2394

that is awful and the man is right... karma always comes around and she will get what she deserves in the end. She will have to answer for her behavior on her judgement day.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
update...i don't have my notes that i took from the news last night and i am on a friend's computer..but a woman donated a very nice german shepard puppy to the man. It isn't Shuba by any means..and he still hopes the major selfish witch of a woman (my opinion) will give his dog back still he says the puppy is smart and says the woman is the most generous person he has ever met.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Oh my goodness that is horrible. Bless the man for giving his dog a home, but that woman she will have her just reward. Thank heavens for the woman who gave out of her heart.

nancy2394 said:
that is awful and the man is right... karma always comes around and she will get what she deserves in the end. She will have to answer for her behavior on her judgement day.
Heheheheh . . . I'd LOVE to let Kharma visit her and give her what she deserves :p Kharma has her own unique views on judgement . . .

BigDog2191 said:
That's terrible. How could somebody be that heartless? :mad:
Heartless might be a bit over-board. I think she should have given the guy his dog back BUT I can't help wondering if maybe she fell in love with the dog and is being a bit selfish. Maybe having a trained dog like Shuba was an answer to her prayers. Just a different perspective.

Come on, now, Andrew . . . stealing a service dog from a person who needed it, loves it and has lost so much already? And how about Shuba's feelings? Dogs mourn and grieve too.

That's the kind of thing that does come back as a hard lesson later on . . .

Renee750il said:
Come on, now, Andrew . . . stealing a service dog from a person who needed it, loves it and has lost so much already? And how about Shuba's feelings? Dogs mourn and grieve too.

That's the kind of thing that does come back as a hard lesson later on . . .
Stealing? I believe the original post said 'placed' (ie he placed the dog with this woman). I'm not arguing the fact she should have given the dog back. All I'm saying is we don't know the reason she refused to return the dog. Why? You don't try and hang onto it if you aren't attached.

As for Shuba's feelings, that goes without saying. The point here is that for all the posts, no-ones seriously asked why she would be such a b!tch about the matter. I think there's a reason - which isn't heartless (selfish and diluded, absolutely).

Members online

No members online now.