Did I mention I have the best Pit Bull in the world?

DJEtzel

Because I do!

Yesterday I let Sir outside to potty and walked back into the house. I don't usually stand by the door because I can't see the whole yard anyway and our porch is freezing, so I check on the dogs out the dining room window usually. He wasn't out there for more than 5 minutes and I heard some barking out front. Looked, didn't see anything, but it reminded me of my dog in the yard who would probably bark through the fence at everyone so I went to go get him.

Opened the door, yelled out to him, didn't hear him coming. I had just switched his collar yesterday morning, so I didn't have tags on him and thought maybe I just couldn't hear him walking around and he was going potty still. So I walked out into the yard and he wasn't there. :eek:

So my stomach jumped into my throat and I screamed at Brian that Sir was gone and hightailed it through the house to get outside only to find Sir sitting right on our front steps waiting patiently for us to let him in! :cool:

SOOOOO MANY treats were had by Sir, the terrier who I thought I would never trust off leash. Still won't willingly, but this was a positive experience for both of us, at least.

Apparently, Saturday morning (4:30am) when the whole police force and k9 unit showed up at my door to get into my yard to track an assault suspect, they had busted in a door to my garage from the yard that I didn't even know was there (we have two doors going into the yard from the garage and I thought we only had one) and didn't bother to close it/latch it. I had double checked the other door and gate and somehow missed this magical door that Brian knew we had, but I didn't. Then the wind blew our overhead garage door open two nights ago, so the door to the garage from the yard was open AND the overhead door that leads to our driveway/street was open and Sir saw his opportunity to wander down the driveway and onto our front steps. :p

We literally cuddled and fed Sir random treats/food we had for the next hour for being such a good boy. I was in tears. I got SO lucky with this dog and he is the best.

Obligatory picture just because.

Sir & backpack by DJetzel, on Flickr

Flyinsbt

Good dog!

Did they actually come to your door before going into your yard to track the suspect? When the police searched my yard for a suspect, years ago, I didn't even know they were out there until I heard the gate close as they left. Thank god I didn't let my dog out while they were there.

(AFAIK, the suspect was never in my yard, the police searched all the yards on the block)

DJEtzel

Good dog!

Did they actually come to your door before going into your yard to track the suspect? When the police searched my yard for a suspect, years ago, I didn't even know they were out there until I heard the gate close as they left. Thank god I didn't let my dog out while they were there.

(AFAIK, the suspect was never in my yard, the police searched all the yards on the block)
Yes, they did, and my roommate opened the door and about crapped his pants because there were at least 8 LEOs on my front porch and the k9 unit was barking in the driveway. We have a lock on our gate so that people CAN'T just walk into the yard (in case the dogs are out there) for things like this or to steal them, etc. So they had to ask if they could come through our house which was answered with a big NO and I gave them the key. I don't need a drivey GSD running through my house WITH 8 LEOs at almost 5 in the morning while all of my dogs are here AND I'm a little buzzed still. :p

AFAIK the suspect was never in my yard, either. I don't know how he would have gotten in and back out before the cops saw him.. 6' privacy.. yeah, it could be jumped, but ****... not that fast! It seemed like they were right on his trail.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Actually, I'm pretty sure *I* have the best pit bull in the world.

Sir can be a close second. Good boy, Sir. ;)

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew

I think I agree. ;) I can take both of them while you hash it out, though!

And Sirbeeus is so good! Yay for Sir.

DJEtzel

>.<

I think I agree. ;) I can take both of them while you hash it out, though!

And Sirbeeus is so good! Yay for Sir.
Such an opportunist, Meagan. :p

While Julee and I were hashing it out, Bloo and Sir would probably be hashing it out! ;)

Members online

No members online now.