• Like it!

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • In certain circumstances.

Votes: 30 53.6%

• Total voters

JacksonsMom

Well, I have an Elsa, a Jonas, and a Jack. I'm fine with people names. :p I think old lady names for dogs, especially Pitties, are hilarious so Elsa is partially pleasing that part of me and named after Elsa the Lioness. At work we have an Eloise that's a super young goofy Shepherd mix and that gets me.

I will have a dog named Keith. That cracks me up every time I think about it.
I really like the name Elsa but feel like it's going to rise in popularity really soon with Frozen lol.

I love the names Jonas too.

My favorite dog ever was a beagle named Carl.

That said, some human names I don't like on dogs (I met a Kelly the other day). I guess technically Pippa is a human name?

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Ehh... it depends on the name. Over all I don't like human names for *my* dogs. Of course Rowan is a human name, but I didn't realize that until
after he was named, and to me it doesn't sound like a person's name. After I named him I've had multiple people comment about their kid/whatever sharing the name. I had a boyfriend who told me that he had dated a girl named Rowan. I was like, uh, okay, that's kind of weird. lol

Riff is named after a human character but it's not exactly a people name.

I like names that go either way well enough. My family has had a Baxter, an Oliver, and my cousins have had Libby, Jack, etc. I probably wouldn't choose those, but I feel like they're okay dog names.

I could never have a dog with a "serious" human name, but I think they're hilarious when other people have them. My dad always wanted a dog named Steve. I've known a Bob, Eleanor, Keith, and more I can't think of. It makes me laugh but it's just not for my dogs.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
I have Penny but I hate hate hate it. I call her Penn 99.9% of the time. Most people think that's her name. Just Penn. No Y needed.

I think it depends as I tend to just like unique names regardless of whether they are human or not. Hence my hatred of the most common Vizsla name EVER. I wanted to call her something much more clever.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Well, I have an Elsa, a Jonas, and a Jack. I'm fine with people names. :p I think old lady names for dogs, especially Pitties, are hilarious so Elsa is partially pleasing that part of me and named after Elsa the Lioness. At work we have an Eloise that's a super young goofy Shepherd mix and that gets me.

I will have a dog named Keith. That cracks me up every time I think about it.
I have a fish named Keith and I laugh every time I look at him. It's an awesome name.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
I think it depends on the name and the dog! Seamus and Sally are people names and I mostly liked them for my dogs. My brother and I named Sally when we were seven and eight years old, I doubt we would have called her that now. It did fit her though. :) I like Seamus' name, but I don't LOVE it. I kinda wish I had thought of something more clever.

Paris I guess could also be a person name. The amount of people that say 'oooooh like Paris Hilton?' NO! Like the city in France! :p

We had a JRT come into my old work and his name was Larry and it was perfect. He was SUCH a Larry. We also had a Rottie named Kyle and it was just no. He didn't look like a Kyle at all!

I have a fish named Keith and I laugh every time I look at him. It's an awesome name.
Really can't wait for next dog. Keith is up. Really want to name a dog Egg, too. EGG.

I have a friend who owns a "Dexter" and everybody asks her if he was named after a serial killer. She was horrified, but then she hasn't seen the show so she doesn't know how awesome it is.
She should just start telling people the serial killer was named after her dog, then offer no further explanation.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Well, I had a Buddy, now I've got a Roxie so... yeah. Just so long as I like the name and it fits the dog, I don't really care.

Old lady names all the way. We've had bulldogs Myrtle and Bertha, and our current two are Olga and Lola. I guess on the whole, I prefer names that are technically human names, but not something you're likely to run into a bunch of people with the name.

Members online

No members online now.