Toys like the rip n tug lotus ball?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So apparently they are discontinuing these toys, which SUCKS. We use them a lot in agility.

We were going to order a bunch but none of us can find a small sized one available anymore. I will probably try to grab a couple mediums but my friend sent an email to the company and they are discontinuing all sizes when they run out.

Anyone have a good alternative for an easily food stuffed, throwable ball that the dog can open themselves?

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3098&ParentCat=22

I am sad they're not making them anymore.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
This is what they sent us back.

Thank you for contacting PetSafe®.

We are discontinuing the Busy Buddy® Rip 'n Tug™ line of toys. We do not have the Lotus anymore in size Small.

Our product experts are standing by to help should you have any immediate questions or concerns. If you would like to speak to a Customer Care associate, please call our Customer Care Center directly at the number listed below. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8 A.M. – 8 P.M. EST and Saturdays 9 A.M. – 5 P.M. EST.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
I guess you could buy the dumb bell version and cut it in half? Or the tug version (but that is one size only) and cut off the string. But it sounds like those are going away too.

It seems weird they're stopping making them since it's such a popular item.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I just bought 4 of the dumbbells and 2 medium balls. Lol. All my agility friends are doing the same. I use that thing so much.

Elrohwen

I just bought 4 of the dumbbells and 2 medium balls. Lol. All my agility friends are doing the same. I use that thing so much.
I think I'll order some now and call them Christmas presents. Is there an advantage to the dumbbell over the balls? I think Watson might enjoy the tug version the most since he loves ball on rope toys, but I might as well get a couple different ones.

JacksonsMom

Oh this would've been perfect for Jackson in agility. We're not currently enrolled but I kind of want one now for when we take future classes, hopefully.

Do you know how big the medium is? TOO big for an 18lb dog, you think, or no? I kind of want to order.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I think I'll order some now and call them Christmas presents. Is there an advantage to the dumbbell over the balls? I think Watson might enjoy the tug version the most since he loves ball on rope toys, but I might as well get a couple different ones.
I just ordered the dumbbell because it came in small but they are out of the small balls.

As far as size, I haven't seen the medium... I may have or it may have been a large. Hank uses the small ones well but I think he could use a bigger one too. The paps really need the small ones.

Elrohwen

Alright, so I ordered 2 medium balls and one of the tugs. I've been wanting a food stuffable toy for a while and I'm sold by everyone's positive reviews. Watson is fairly toy motivated and very food motivated, so I think combining them could be awesome. He is much less toy motivated in classes so this should help.

Members online

No members online now.