Excited peeing...

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Anybody have any solutions to this ridiculous problem?

Merlin piddles.
Only when he's VERY excited (usually when people come to visit) and if he hasn't been out in a bit.
It's not a lot, and he can hold it and wait to get outside once I call him out on it...but it's still isn't the most fun thing to deal with lol

Problem is we live in an apartment, not a huge problem if you can do greetings outside or do very frequent potty trips but alas...not so easy \

He has no other incontinence issues and is totally house trained. Minus this lol

Xandra

Roman did this when he was younger. My method was to anticipate when he was going to pee and have a treat or toy ready to throw across the room. Just something to snap him out of that overwhelmed, crazed excitement phase. The treat was exciting too but it elicited a more focused, task-oriented kind of excitement. Get the treat vs petting licking eye contact new smells outside world etc. When his attention returned to people he was usually down a notch but still I had to gauge whether he needed further distraction.

Toller_08

Not a permanent fix, but my solution is to have treats handy when favourite people come as a distraction and also nobody is allowed to pet Journey for a few minutes until she's calmer. Thankfully, only a select handful of people are special enough to cause this problem hana. But it is really annoying. It has gotten better though. Ripley used to do this as well and was way worse than Journey. He magically outgrew it.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Rigby has always done this.
What we have resorted to is simply ignoring her when she shows the signals. Coming home, I try to be very neutral and calm around her until I can either get her outside or just wait until she calms down.

I'm guessing that for a male there might actually be a proper fix though.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Jari still does this on occasion. The only thing that worked when he was younger was making sure he was totally empty before people came over (so I had to take him on a long walk wherein he could pee on all the things), and use treats to keep him distracted.

Now I don't need the long walk part, but I still distract him with treats by making him do tricks/sitting nicely for petting/etc.

Members online

No members online now.