Controversial Issues

I've only ever gotten the "abuse" comments on Facebook groups, really. I always looooove posting in the dog photography group and being told I'm stupid or mentally screwed up or abusive for dying Chomper. Then they add on how people who do it only think of their dogs are dolls or accessories....as the pictures I post are of him out in the woods hiking and getting dirty and running around or of him doing an activity....pretty sure if he was an accessory I wouldn't be wanting him to be getting dirty or you know, not being connected to me like an actual accessory.

Everyone in person always thinks it's either cute or interesting, but never any negative comments! :)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Also I have to add that after all of the fuss I've been going through to get Itztli's ears to stay standing, I have a deeper appreciation for what Doberman people have to put up with. On top of the fact that it can just be plain a pain in the ass to have to constantly redo the ears especially when you have pups that are good at figuring out how to remove them.... You also have to deal with the snide comments people make in public all the time. "Oh that poor little puppy. What a mean owner.", "Aww if he was my puppy he would be so happy because I would let his ears do what they want", "oh no what happened to his ears?", "oh poor puppy those mean people cut your ears" because apparently posting ears MUST mean that his ears are cropped or that he injured them somehow.... His ears are natural by the way. It's no different than GSD people that give their pups some extra help getting the ears to stand.
I have to say that when I had Cajun 1.0 and would take her out places, I only got comments like "did she get her ears cropped?" or "is that to make her ears stand?" Her silly looking posts always got looks from people, but never any negative comments. Maybe they were just thinking bad things but that's okay :) I was kind of shocked at the fact that people just seemed.... curious.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I thought you had photoshopped the color onto him when I first saw your signature because that is such a jarring shade of purple... But then I read a little of your blog and realized you actually dyed him.:rofl1:

I personally would not dye Fable just because she is a pretty little cattle dog already and she doesn't need the extra flash, and I honestly think it would look a little weird because of all her speckles. Even though I wouldn't dye Fable, I don't have a problem with people dying their dogs. I think it is rather comical. :D
Lol that's what I thought too.

Members online

No members online now.