Thief!

Fran27

Does anyone else's dog has an obsession with papers, tissues etc?

Boris keeps stealing letters from the table (where my husband puts them on the way home). I just found the dogs playing with one on the couch. I called Tips, he left it and came to me. Boris, of course, didn't. I put Tips in the other room with the gate up and grabbed a treat. Boris started ripping off the enveloppe. I asked him to drop it, he didn't. He was on the couch, with that thing in his mouth, and didn't dare looking at me. I swear. He looked afraid, because he knows we're not happy when he steals stuff, I guess he hasn't understood yet that if he stopped stealing we would not be annoyed, but anyway...

He looked at the treat, and drool started dropping on the couch in a few drops, then a continuous line. I know better now than to try to get the stuff by force from his mouth, so I just put the treat on the couch. He dropped the letter, put his paw on it, and ate the treat :rolleyes: So much for my strat, I went to the kitchen to get some turkey. More drool dropping on the couch, he looked at the turkey but still didn't drop the enveloppe, so I just sent the treat on the floor, then he dropped it and I had about 5 seconds to pick up most of the disgusted slimy pieces.

I swear it's always the same when he steals something... Threatening to give the stuff to Tips just never works either. At least this time he didn't growl...

I'm not too sure if I'm going to have to train 'drop it' all his life before he actually does it or something...

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
LoL! Zeus and toilet paper...*sigh*. Zeus is to toilet paper as Bill Murray is to the Caddyshack gopher. He'll go through extraordinary lengths to snag a roll of that stuff. When he's stalking down the elusive Charmin, you can almost hear the "Mission: Impossible" theme playing. And he knows he's not suppossed to do it, either. He only does it when we're not looking (or when he thinks we're not!). We try to keep the bathroom doors closed, but we don't always remember. There nothing like coming out of the shower to a confetti of white littering the bedroom.

Oh well, at least Zeus always drops things when we tell him to.

ROFL! Shiva and Kharma "palm" whatever they don't want to give up in those big maws of theirs. I swear, I've actually gotten a flashlight and had to look to find out what they've got hidden up in those jowls. I'll hear them with something, tell them to bring it to me, and whichever one I'm talking to will quickly make whatever it is disappear in her jowls (if she puts it down somewhere so I won't get it the other one will, so that's no good, lol). Then she walks over to me with the "I don't know what you're talking about" face (they each have a different version of this) and sit down in front of me just like they actually had some manners :rolleyes: THEN I have to go on the fishing expedition . . . I feel like Pinocchio looking about inside Monstro :eek:

Sheba

I W A L R
LOL Renee!

Wendy likes toy horse saddles and bobblehead dogs.I was at my dad';s house, and then found a sitting Cocker Spaniel Bobble-Head Dog sitting on the edge of the first stair (upstairs)
Another time, I walked in and found the remains of a toy horse saddle.
That happened abou t three times LOL
Our dogs really like things from around the house! :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.