What do you think of Arian for a dog name?

Saje

Island dweller
I had this really pretty porcelain girl with her foal at her side and her name was Princess Ariana and I always thought that was a pretty name

I like the sound of it. Does it have a meaning?

My only question would be whether someone might think you were involved in one of those white supremacy groups, as they throw the term "Aryan" around all the time as a nomenclature for a "superior" race . . .

Dreeza

Renee750il said:
I like the sound of it. Does it have a meaning?

My only question would be whether someone might think you were involved in one of those white supremacy groups, as they throw the term "Aryan" around all the time as a nomenclature for a "superior" race . . .

yeah, i was thinking that too...i was just waiting to see if someone else said it first, haha

i hate when things like that happen...there are so many cool words that could be really good names...but their meaning just ruins it, lol

mwood322

I know Ari means lion. We named our cat Ariana. Ariana means very holy one.

Arian appears to mean spares?

Isn't google wonderful.

--Mia

akemi_hikari

Duck Toller Queen
Myabe just Ari then? For a nick name. I like two-sylabbel things that start with A. Ar I An is three.

Can someone explain to me what you mean by people throwing the term "Aryan" around all the time as a nomenclature for a "superior" race what does that mean I don't understand :(

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Hitler used the term "Aryan" for his soon-to-be 'superior' race of blond haired, blue eyed zombies and these days there is the Aryan Brotherhood, which is about the most racist group you can find. So, it sounds pretty but means very bad things. Kind of like chlamydia...pretty name, very bad to have.

akemi_hikari

Duck Toller Queen
Oh right, Sod that then. I'm not having people think I'm racist because I'm FAR from it. Perhaps just Ari then.

Pronounced "aahri" not arry. Like Arry Potta'.

Members online

No members online now.