I did it! and have a question

joce

I'm for the tattoo too. I have to admitt I don't know a single dog I or any one else around me has taken in thats been scanned. My vet doesn't have one as far as I knwo becaue we asked when we took the last dogs we took in in. If everyone had one at their house I'd see more of a point. I just know that if my dogs got loose and ran off were I live no one would get the dog scanned. they would eitheir take it in,place an add,or take it to the pound. Two of those ways may get them scanned but I'd still trust a tattoo more. All that said I don't think a microchip hurts but people seem to have way to much confidence in them. The only good I see of it is if their is an ownership dispute.

bubbatd

I'm impressed with the micro chip since my big gal visit as EliN stated... one pass of the meter and the number came up...owner known in less than 5 minutes. Of course she revisited me this week again !!! One mile away and across a busy highway !!! Still no tags ... next time I may keep her !!

Saje

Island dweller
joce said:
I'm for the tattoo too. I have to admitt I don't know a single dog I or any one else around me has taken in thats been scanned. My vet doesn't have one as far as I knwo becaue we asked when we took the last dogs we took in in. If everyone had one at their house I'd see more of a point. I just know that if my dogs got loose and ran off were I live no one would get the dog scanned. they would eitheir take it in,place an add,or take it to the pound. Two of those ways may get them scanned but I'd still trust a tattoo more. All that said I don't think a microchip hurts but people seem to have way to much confidence in them. The only good I see of it is if their is an ownership dispute.
Plus the radio! I've found lost dogs and had them advertised on the radio. The tags or tattoo number are a good way of identifying owners (not just people who want free dogs) and you can get them home before shelters open sometimes.

Fran27

bubbatd said:
I'm impressed with the micro chip since my big gal visit as EliN stated... one pass of the meter and the number came up...owner known in less than 5 minutes. Of course she revisited me this week again !!! One mile away and across a busy highway !!! Still no tags ... next time I may keep her !!
Shame shame on the owners :(

Members online

No members online now.