Question about a breeder.

Is it a good sign when a breeder says you can visit the mother before birth? I ask because I contacted a breeder near by, who won't know whether the bítch is pregnant for another week, but she said I can visit now.

W

Whitedobelover

yes that is a great sign go see the mother because her personality will be different after she is pregnant and has the babies... then she will go back to normal... :D JMO

bubbatd

As a breeder, I liked to meet people to know whether or not I would want them on the list ! Their reaction to the Mom and not just the pups is important. Also, you can judge by the general set up and breeder's actions what type of a breeder she is.

Yeah, I'll be looking out for all these things. She hasn't said whether or not I'm on the list anyways. She said the pups will be eye tested and docked though. I'll ask a lot of questions when I meet her soon. I'll have to get my books out again, and make some sort of list.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Yes, I think it is important to meet the mother before she has the pups and really sit down and talk with the breeder about tests done on the mother and father and get the results so you can see them yourself. You will want to get to know this breeder as much as they will want to get to know you. You need to make sure that you will feel comfortable purchasing a puppy from this lady because if you don't feel comfortable about one thing I would say look elsewhere. This way you won't be tempted into buying from her just because the puppies are there and look so cute. If you go beforehand then you can say no without the little puppies looking at you so cute.

Members online

No members online now.