Vizsla love

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Okay, I tried posting this hours ago but I guess the spam filter decided my post wasn't worth sharing! It may have been correct but I figured I'd share some photos of my pretty little Vizsla since we're new around here& she is pretty gorgeous.

Before that, though, here's a snapshot of Squirty. He's my 19yr old Yorkie mix. He was 18 when this photo was taken& he is one of the loves of my life. He lives with my parents, 30 minutes away. He wouldn't adjust to having crazy Penny in his world :/

So, moving on from my haggard little monster to my very dignified& slightly larger monster. Miss Penny thinks having her photo taken is pretty great. Here she is in some pretty light in the garage:

Hanging out with Mom on a slightly chilly November afternoon. She was all bundled up in her pretty gray coat& managed to remain calm enough for this quick snapshot. I wish I could say she was looking at me with love in her eyes ..but I had a piece of liver.

This is baby Penny (15wks?) playing with Winston the puggle. I didn't even have my camera ready when I saw this crash coming so it was pureee luck that I managed to get them in focus& properly exposed! I promise no Vizslas or Puggles were hurt in the making of this photo ;)

And just to show off how beautiful of a brand new puppy she was, here is Miss Penny at exactly 8wks old. This was the day after we brought her home. I LOVE this photo despite not being technically perfect ..she just looks so pretty!

And that's probably enough for now. My fingers are crossed that when I hit Submit this time, it lets the post go through!

Equinox

It went through!! And your photography is incredible :) I loved every single one of the photos.

Please post as many as you can, as often as you can! We love photo threads here :D

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
She is very cute! I saw lots and lots of vislas last weekend, and I had to laugh as they all looked the same to me (but I was looking down at them from a balcony!). Think maybe I'm an untrained eye.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Thanks, everyone! I just love her to pieces :)

And yes, when you first look into the breed it's like ..how do you even tell one V from another?! Then, after awhile, you'll be able to see lots of little differences from one dog to another. Penny's biggest giveaway is her white chest& one white paw. She also has softer eyes than a lot of other Vs.

My poor reject Vizsla. Good thing a little white on the chest doesn't stop her from being a great running, snuggling& agility partner ;)

Tahla9999

Wow. You are fueling the Vizsla fire in my heart. I want one so badly, and this isn't helping at all!

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Her ears are easily one of my favorite physical features of her!

And allow me to continue to fuel the Vizsla fire ..they are a GREAT dog if you have the time& energy to devote to them. When they have pent up energy, like at Christmas? They use your little dog as a jump..

Poor Squirty. This is why you live with your grandparents!

Equinox

Haha, I LOVE that shot! Penny sounds like so much fun.

Also, saw you mention your photography business name and had to search you up (bookmarked your blog for inspiration and liked your FB page). Holy crow, you're amazing!

Gorgeous pictures and absolutely stunning dog. She's so pretty, I love the look of Viszla's and their athleticism. How do you compare (the type, the focus, the drive) her energy to BC's?

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Haha, I LOVE that shot! Penny sounds like so much fun.

Also, saw you mention your photography business name and had to search you up (bookmarked your blog for inspiration and liked your FB page). Holy crow, you're amazing!
Aw thank you so much :) I'm hoping to specialize in just pet photography ..but I LOVE shooting children too. So it's hard to turn away those clients! I do have to say that I have the best job in the world. Something so great about doing what you love and making it work :)

As for Vizsla vs BC? Briar is without a doubt more focused. It isn't even comparable. Briar thinks everything is a job whereas Penny thinks everything is fun& optional ;) Seriously though, Briar has the typical super focused, super let's go attitude of a Border Collie. Penny is more relaxed but still very focused on me when she needs to be ..she's more likely to ignore a command than B, though.

As for drive, I would say they have about the same amount. B is 2.5 years old (cool fact: they have the same birthday, just 2yrs apart!) so his is much more focused. Penny is just now (literally today was the first time I've seen her go hard) starting to reallllly drive for the tug when I bring it out. Briar took to the tug immediately and I had to really work with Penny to get her to love it. It took a LOT of patience& I'm so glad she showed BIG drive today. I was about to give up on her ever having drive when I asked for it! I saw her digging in& coming for the tug during our push& checks today. So, so happy!

Members online

No members online now.