Sunny says "sorry mama" :)

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Sunny did excellent at obediance training tonight, holding a stay while I went OUT THE DOOR! But by the time class was done, he was full and tired and ... well, how do toddlers get when they are sleepy and can't go to bed cuz they are away from home? CRANKY!!! He wouldn't sit still on the car ride home and went into the back of our Cherokee to explore (the back seat is down so it is like a covered truck bed and has ALL of Tim's bricklaying equiptment in it so it isn't a good place for puppy to play!) He normally sits perfectly in the front passenger seat (I haven't gotten one of those harness things yet because he is still growing and could outgrow it ) so I don't worry about him but tonight he was all curious. So I am trying to drive and pull him back into the seat all while not killing us both. I grabbed his leash and pulled him forward. He got nasty and nipped at my hand, a BIG nono, and he knew it. I jerked him forward onto his seat and yelled down, STAY! at the top of my voice. I was at a stop light by this point so I turned and looked at him and he was cowering :( I felt sooo bad, but he needed to be safe. He knew he had done wrong and I was still annoyed at him. So after a minute he started to edge his nose onto the arm rest. I moved my arm because it was cold and I was still angry. Then he edged a few inches closer,then closer until his little head was on my lap. He finished up by scootching so his butt was still on his seat and his head and hands(front paws I guess) were on my lap and he nuzzled in and did his silly purr thing (I swear he thinks he is a cat) and wagged his tail hopefully. I gave in and patted his head. He sat up just long enough to kiss my cheek then layed back down so sweetly and looked at me with lovey eyes all the way home. How can I NOT love this little imp?! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that is such a sweet apology..give him a kiss for me!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
He's irresistable!! Gus does the shmoosing thing when he has been bad!! Make your heart melt doesn't it!! Does anyone else find that their dog is much more responsive and better behaved once you have told them off for something even if it's completely unrelated!

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Gustav said:
He's irresistable!! Gus does the shmoosing thing when he has been bad!! Make your heart melt doesn't it!! Does anyone else find that their dog is much more responsive and better behaved once you have told them off for something even if it's completely unrelated!
They are all little con artists! :rolleyes: :D I can just picture Gus doing the same thing. These two would be best of friends I think. My heart is constantly a big puddle between his cuteness,my boys and my husband.:) Yes I do think that he behaves MUCH better after a good scolding. I think sometimes he's afraid of getting scolded again so he really toes the line. Wish it worked that way with the boys! :rolleyes:

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Sunnypup said:
They are all little con artists! :rolleyes: :D I can just picture Gus doing the same thing. These two would be best of friends I think. My heart is constantly a big puddle between his cuteness,my boys and my husband.:)
Gus has the whole wrap mummy round my paw thing really well rehearsed! :rolleyes: I think that Gus and Sunny would be perfect partners in crime!!! Lol!

Members online