Solid Gold?

I've been trying to get Fable switched to a food that is not totally crap, and have had no luck. The shelter that she came from feeds Castor and Pollux (Fable was on the grain free) and I fed that to her for a couple months after I got her. When I first got her, she had pretty bad diarrhea, but after ruling out any medical causes, I assumed she was just stressed out because she was in a new environment. I waited a while, but her stool never got totally better, so I decided to switch her food. That helped considerably, and I also giver her a little canned pumpkin every day for some added fiber. The only problem is that I have switched her to Natural Balance food, and I have heard some not-so-good things about them recently, so I would like to switch her again.

I have heard some good things about Solid Gold, but would like to have another opinion on it. Really my only requirement other than than the food being of decent quality is that there is a grain free option available.

Any advice is appreciated!

StillandSilent

Solid Gold have all three of my boys the worst gas I've ever smelled. I'm amazed that they weren't being propelled around the room by the sheer force of it. My mothers dog got the rest of the bag and he's never looked better

RBark

Got Floof?
All of my dogs have been on Solid Gold.

None of them are gassy, it works for us.

I used to feed Solid Gold. I think it is a good food. However, some things I have found that I didn't like, for example, some of the bags have TONS of crumbs in them.. Like so many that every cup of food i scooped out had a bunch of crumbs and I had to clean out my storage container before putting in a different food.

And I didn't like the consistency of the kibble in some of the bags.. the kibbles were big and round but they broke apart weird.. I can't explain it, but my dog didn't eat the pieces as fast as she normally ate some other bags.

Now we are on Acana, and I like it a lot better. But overall, I would say solid gold is good and was mostly happy with it.

DJEtzel

Solid Gold Wolf Pup was one of the only foods Frag could have when he was younger, he did awesome on in, considering his allergy problems.

My dogs get the wee bits food in their food toys pretty regularly (I buy a 5lb bag every few months for that specifically) and they do just fine with it.

Members online