Ideas of what we can do, please

Y

yuckaduck

Back when I was having problems with Yukon meeting dogs on the street I posted a few flyers up for people to meet in the dog friendly park and let the dogs play together. Well this was slow to take off but now there are close to 50 people no exaduration, in this unofficial club. So they have placed me in charge of finding daily activities that we can do with our dogs to have fun with them. We have done fetch games and relay races and walks and training and swimming, and just letting the dogs play. I am out of ideas; what can we do that is fun, and for all ages, shapes, sizes breeds of dogs. We do competition type things but it is all for fun. No one cares about winning or losing, and human children are welcome so activities can include them. Any ideas would be helpful and I will use them as long as they are not hazardous to our health or the dogs. Thank you everyone, I appreciate the thoughts.

Y

yuckaduck

Richie1234 said:
Isn't that what relays are

Our relays are like blocks that hold a tennis ball and the dog runs down and bounces on the block which releases the ball and brings the ball back, as soon as the dog is back the next one goes until the team has gone first done wins. We have between 20 and 25 dogs on a team so when they have done their run they go to another line and do it again for fun.

Y

yuckaduck

gaddylovesdogs said:
You could make dog treats and decorations and hold a party.
Never thought of that, yeah and pot luck everyone brings something for it. Good idea I will try that.

Y

yuckaduck

beagle_lovergirl said:
You coulsd set up some agility equipment and have a competition!
There is agility stuff set up there like the tunnel and the weave poles a very small A frame and a few little jumps. Nothing big but that could be fun too

Y

yuckaduck

German Sheperd Gurl said:
You should have a doggie halloween party where dogs and their people dress up.Its coming soon lol.
The people with the little dogs want to do that but there are a few with great danes and newfie's who said they would just politely miss that day. I do not wnat anyone to feel excluded but I am thinking of doing that on Oct 31/2005.

you can get costumes for big dogs.Sasha is going to be a cop lol.She has a hat,bandanna and a badge that says K9 UNIT.It is cute.You can also do a dog obedience contest,cutest dog contests,dogs that most resemble the owner contests.

Why not assign a few to a game committee since it's gotten so big? With so many members, wouldn't it be wonderful to get more people involved, have more ideas to work with, etc. (At least that's how I'd delegate some of the responsibility, lol! Remember the chapter in Tom Sawyer where he was whitewashing the fence?)

Y

yuckaduck

Renee750il said:
Why not assign a few to a game committee since it's gotten so big? With so many members, wouldn't it be wonderful to get more people involved, have more ideas to work with, etc. (At least that's how I'd delegate some of the responsibility, lol! Remember the chapter in Tom Sawyer where he was whitewashing the fence?)

Yeah well they are all to busy to think up ideas but they aure want special things to do each and every day. We cannot even go right now with Yukon because of his leg but there sure are alot of complaints and alot of I ain't coming again because it was boring. So I try to have a fun activity to do each time. Needs to occupy about an hour of time a day.

Y

yuckaduck

Thank you very much for all the great ideas, I am going to try them all and if they go well I can do them over again each month.

Members online