Chicken bones... sigh

I just baked a batch of biscuits for Sam, because we didn't have anything else on hand to pad his stomach after he got a hold of a cooked chicken bone fragment :rolleyes:. Unfortunately, the route to some of our favorite walking spots goes right past a big grocery store, and it's not uncommon for us to find discarded chicken bones from their deli section. I guess trash cans are too difficult a concept for some people to grasp...

Anyhow, we usually keep an eye out for them, but I missed this one because it was already fragmented. He'd swallowed a piece before I realized what he'd picked up. He didn't choke, and doesn't appear to have any throat irritation or discomfort. Of course we'll be keeping a sharp eye on him for then next couple days for signs of internal trouble, but is there anything I can do, besides giving him the bread to cushion his stomach a little?

I would just keep an eye on him. It sucks and I hate the period of worry but Kaylee has gotten into cooked chicken bones more times than I can count.

So I would just watch him, pay careful attention to his poops but try not to dwell

Thanks for the reassurance. He's acting normally, so with any luck everything will pass though. I just hate that we can't go to his favorite pet store or down to the river park without hitting the danger zone for discarded chicken.

Members online

No members online now.