Annoying intact males....

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Grrr....

I feel like slapping Beau upside the head, he's being such a GUY!

He's almost four years old and honestly is usually not behaving like this (though far from a gentleman). We've had him around intact females with no problem before but he's taken an extreme interest in Summer. I don't know why. Both times I've had her home, he just follows her around making this horrible high pitched whining noise and humping the air behind her and sticking his nose up her butt. Eventually she turns around and tells him off. Now Summer is not in season or anything, so I just don't know what's going on. (He did this both times he's been around her- about a month apart)

We keep crating Beau. Or I'll make him sit and calm down but then when he gets back up he's after her again. He's never tried to mount her or anything, just he will not leave her alone. We're not leaving them out of sight just in case.

When we brought home Rose (also intact) he showed absolutely NO interest in her whatsoever. I'm hoping once Summer is spayed in May (she has an appointment/dental scheduled) that he'll be better? he was never interested in Rose a bit even when she was intact. (Now she's spayed)

Why would he be so interested in her yet not interested in other females he's been around?

Anyways, I keep threatening him with castration, hoping that he'd get the idea. :lol-sign:

Members online