What are you sick of hearing in regards to your dogs?

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
I get color comments a lot. Normally I don't mind, usually it's just "oh I've never seen a boxer that color/didn't know boxers could be black" etc. I understand the confusion.

Today I met a boxer owner while on a walk. We got onto the subject of Juno's color, and I went ahead and called her a reverse brindle. He goes "no no, she (meaning his boxer) is a reverse brindle. You have a seal."

He was a nice guy and afterwards added "sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm correcting you" and I wasn't offended or anything but.... I know seal is just a "thing," a trendy term and not technically a color. So NYAH lol I am well aware of what color my dog is. :p
Seal isnt a "trendy thing" it is a legitimate dog color

I get color comments a lot. Normally I don't mind, usually it's just "oh I've never seen a boxer that color/didn't know boxers could be black" etc. I understand the confusion.

Today I met a boxer owner while on a walk. We got onto the subject of Juno's color, and I went ahead and called her a reverse brindle. He goes "no no, she (meaning his boxer) is a reverse brindle. You have a seal."

He was a nice guy and afterwards added "sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm correcting you" and I wasn't offended or anything but.... I know seal is just a "thing," a trendy term and not technically a color. So NYAH lol I am well aware of what color my dog is. :p
Seal and white is a standard color for Boston terriers. Maybe that's where he got confused. You'd think if he owned a boxer he'd know, though.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Do people ever just not believe you? I've gotten, "She LOOKS friendly..." Like I'm lying. I've actually gotten that about both Blossom and Keeva.
ALL the time. People never believe me when I tell them Kaylee is the safe one to approach and not Jayne. No one believes me when I warn them about Jayne.

But because Kaylee explodes when people approach my vehicle and Jayne is silent... that somehow automatically makes JAYNE the safe, friendly, harmless one. ;)

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Another one...

I get sick of the whole "oh my [insert obscure relative or neighbour] had one of those dogs and he was so fat/lazy/smelly"... Well thanks for that great tale, mine is none of those things as you can see.

Or the "oh pug have lots of health problems, I would never get one because they die quick"... Nope not many issues with this one that are breed related.

And always fun "we have a puggle, they're cuter and healthier, a real improvement on pugs. Our vet said to get a puggle because purebred pugs are so unhealthy"... That actually happened. I'm like wtf?!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I laugh at how many people we have at work who're slightly offended if you ask if their doodle is a poodle (we've had several that look very poodle-y).

Yesterday I was just disappointed with how many people at the saturday market knew what a malinois was and how many had them as pets.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I laugh at how many people we have at work who're slightly offended if you ask if their doodle is a poodle (we've had several that look very poodle-y).

Yesterday I was just disappointed with how many people at the saturday market knew what a malinois was and how many had them as pets.
I once guessed a dog as a wirehair pointing griffon and the lady was appalled that I didn't pin the dog as a doodle... It seriously looked like a griffon.

And I'm always saddened by the amount of people that have mals in my city. But apparently the animal shelter has been breeding them for years now from what I've been told...

yoko

1.) She sheds to much! How do you go out/show up to work without being covered in dog hair?

Yes she does. That's why I vacuum every other day. And even when I do that during certain times of the year I still get Yoshi tumbleweeds.

And I keep my clothes in areas Yoshi doesn't go and I lint roller like crazy. I don't want a smoker coming in to my work and being near me making it hard to breath or making everything smell like them. I'm not going to show up covered in pet hair, getting it on people who don't want a shedding dog.

2.) She's so skinny!

No she's just not fat.

3.) Why does she only listen to you?

Because she's my dog and she doesn't know you.

4.) Could I buy her? I think my kids would love her!

Sure sell me one of your kids and throw in some extra $$ and I'll think about it.

"You're a good boy Paige" from the neighbor who has to hear her name at least 5 times a day when we are telling her 'good girl' for running HIS dogs out of OUR yard. Hey dumbass, she's a girl and her name is Payne!!! Does "Paige" even sound like a boy's name...sheesh!!!

JessLough

Love My Mutt

I don't think seal is a trendy thing? I think it's a legit colour... Just not very common?

Kootenay

With Yarrow I ALWAYS get "is that a wolf?" or "is he part wolf?" which I don't actually mind...

BUT then everyone always has to tell me about how they or their friend/cousin/dad/whatever used to have a wolf or wolfdog and that just drives me absolutely insane!! Because literally almost all "wolfdogs" sold are just northern breed/GSD mixes sold for outrageous prices. It's SO rare that someone actually had a wolfdog! Misrepresentation is sooooo widespread in the wolfdog world, it's ridiculous.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
"Oh, you must be training her! Kudos to you."
My dog is very obviously no longer a puppy. No, I am not. She is mine. I have no problem with educating, but ffs, just because I am young and look able bodied does not mean I am not disabled.

"Oh, wow, she's thin..."
No, she is a very fit dog.

"Oh, I/my sister/my cousin twice removed/etc have a lab! He weighs 150lbs!"
Congratulations, you have a morbidly obese dog!

"Wow, she's well trained (insert a "Thank you!" here)! My dog is too small/old/dumb to train."
No, you are a lazy asshole. Leave me alone.

"HEEEERE PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY I KNOW I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO DISTRACT YOU, BUT IT'S OKAY, I LOVE DOGS"
Thankfully Em's well trained enough to ignore you, but ffs. Grow up.

"Oh, (insert toddler's name), go ask if we can pet the cute puppy!"
Or, you can ask yourself, since your child is clearly scared of her.

El Alano

I never get asked anything about my 5 because I get up at 5 am to give them their run on the mountain and then don't invite anybody into my property all day so never have to contend with any questions. Anti-social so-and-so, me:cool:

I get this a lot about every one of my critters: goats, chickens, cat, and dog. "What breed is that"? They're ALL mutts!!
I have nothing against 'purebred' animals, it just worked out that all my 'critters' are a wide mixture of breeds, and they are some of the smartest, coolest critters you would ever want to meet. Just sayin.....

I also liked the post someone made previously: "She's so smart", and she really is, BUT we started working with her when she was very young. She will stop at the property line when running off the neighbors' dogs [we have no fences]. What amazes people the most is that she can open the screen door when she wants to come in on the porch! it helps that we put a door handle down low on the door for her to use ;)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I get a lot of that "why don't you feed her?" Or "she's so thin!" Or "don't you feed her?" She gets three cups a day & the vet has never commented on her weight ... Tho these same people didn't say anything about buddy who at the time was about 5 lbs over weight lol.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Seal isnt a "trendy thing" it is a legitimate dog color
I don't think seal is a trendy thing? I think it's a legit colour... Just not very common?
No, in boxers they're just brindles. Yeah, genetically there is a seal color that exists but I believe it is some variation of the black gene. Genetically boxers can't be black, they don't carry the gene, so they don't have a seal color either. BYBs call dark brindles like Juno "seal black" or whatever to make them sound rare, but that's misleading. Genetically she's the same as any other brindle boxer.

My most commom question is "You should get more and make a sled team!"

They lose the humour quick when I say "there are 7 more at home and they ARE a sled team" lol

At races people often point to OC (who is 10 years old, heavy boned and carries most of his weight on his front legs due to hip dysplasia setting in) and exclaim "wow he must be the best one on the team! He looks so strong!" Ummmm no, he was retired at 7...hes just the head cheerleader and does the 100ft dash Kid and Mutt race pulling my friend's 2 year old son....

In reference to the females on my team i hwar a lot of spectators say "they cant be a sleddog, theyre too little!" Really, how about you hang on to the leash and wee just how strong those little girls are! The smallest one might only be 40lbs but she can pull me all by herself!

Members online

No members online now.