Do your dogs follow you around?

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I've just been thinking about this. Do you dogs follow you around the house/wherever you live? Wesley very much does his own thing: I'll run in to him playing with his toys around the house, watching out the window, but in general he doesn't follow anyone around from room to room or anything. He likes to sleep in the hallway with no people present, lol. I feel like most people have dogs that follow them and he's an oddity. :p

GoingNowhere

Nah, not really. She's a bit more clingy when we bring her to a different house. Often she prefers to hang out in the room where the people are, but almost as often she'll go take a nap somewhere else. And she's not technically allowed upstairs so she never follows anyone upstairs unless she's invited or we're already up there and she decides that she NEEDS ATTENTION NOW. Or thunderstorms. Those provide reason to break the rules too. :p

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Well, the chihuahuas are pretty much constantly on our laps :p

They ALL follow us around, though. Even Rory follows us into the bathroom each and every time.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Bamm will follow me everywhere. He gets concerned if I leave the room and has to be where I am. The only exception is that sometimes when Josh is home he will stay with Josh long enough to let me go to the bathroom at least.

Joey follows me around most of the time and especially if he thinks I may be headed to anywhere involving food.

Cricket doesn't unless she really wants to be where I am. She is pretty independent and is content to keep to herself or nap on a couch somewhere while I go about my business. She will come and snuggle with me in bed though and she is a super good snuggler, but ya she doesn't absolutely feel the need to always HAVE to be where I am.

There is no where in this house I can be alone unless there is a door or a gate closed fast between us. And that's not a guarantee either.

Noodle mostly just sits rotting under his blanket all day, unless you open a plastic wrapper or the fridge.
Jinj use to be a big follow-you-everywhere dog, but as he's gotten so old he spends more time finding a place to lay down and wait, which usually ends up being right in front of a door :wall:, just shove it open he slides easy enough, lol.
Enda is getting better, she doesn't "follow" as much anymore and has learned to find a place to sit or lay and wait until it's time to do something.
But pretty much certain times of the day/events will set them all off into following anyone anywhere, *cough* food.

Locke

Matrix prefers to be in the same room as someone, but won't go out of his way to do so, unless there's food involved.

Gypsy checks up on every family member periodically, especially if she hears something eventful, but she spends most of her time around me. I'm mom. She's curled on the floor here right now.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Kim & Web follow me around. Cookie bounces around and on my feet half the time. Mira one-ups them all by figuring out where I'm going, racing ahead, and greeting me enthusiastically when I arrive ;)

Toller_08

Unless I tell them not to, yes. The Dobermans are good about not following me absolutely everywhere. Generally if I leave for another room, I'm not gone long, so it's not really worth everyone coming with me. I used to have to tell them to wait, but now they just know. I can see them think about coming with me and then decide not to. But If I'm gone for more than like 15mins, they all come to see where I went to haha. Dance follows me around a lot and lays in my general vicinity. She likes to know where I am at all times and doesn't get why she could just wait in the livingroom with the Dobermans. And I can't move without Journey right behind me. We're working on that. She'll be fast asleep and yet know when I get up to go do something. Even if it's only to go get a drink, which takes all of 20 seconds to get and come back to where she could have waited, she thinks she needs to wake up and follow me. Which kind of sucks, because every time she wakes up, she's wild and crazy again.. So it'd be nice for her to learn to wait and continue sleeping or whatever. But I kind of like that she follows me. Eventually she'll learn that she doesn't always have to.

Maxy24

If mom is also home he doesnt always follow. He will go lie in the living room if I stay in the kitchen for too long because there is nowhere soft for him to lay. But if he hears me touch the bathroom door he is THERE. He used to follow a lot more, but not so much anymore.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My dogs are up in my business 24/7. They want to 'help'.
LOL "Are you helping?" and "You're such a good helper!" are common phrases around here.

Pepper is the worst, being that she would prefer to become one with me. I cannot escape her. I could shift a single toe, and no matter where she is, it's like she teleports to suddenly be right in my face. "ARE YOU GOING SOMEWHERE? WHERE ARE YOU GOING. CAN I GO TOO? HI."

Georgie and Payton will usually follow, though sometimes they're just checking to make sure I'm not doing anything exciting. If I go downstairs to take a shower, Payton will stay at the top of the stairs and stand there, staring, waiting to make sure I am in fact going to take a shower and not just doing something really quick (apparently Payton doesn't want to go downstairs and then go right back up. Very energy efficient.)

Auggie usually will follow me too, but sometimes when it's later at night I get the "but this couch is soooooo comfy" or "but my spot on the floor is sooooo warm" look. I even get that when we're going to bed some nights. "But I'm asleep heeeeeere!" I've had to go physically pick him up and carry him off to bed if he's gotten WAY too comfy to consider getting up LOL. Oh old man. <3

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
LOL "Are you helping?" and "You're such a good helper!" are common phrases around here.
I like to indulge them too. 'Oh thank you for your help!' 'You are such a good helper!' Lol. House cleaning, packing things, even taking a bath... they have to oversee everything. Mia always has to check what I'm doing out.

You can't move at all around here without them getting up. Summer will sometimes stay on the couch but you cannot go anywhere without Mia following. Mia is like glue. She's super clingy.

My past dogs would go situate themselves in the room with you or at the end of the hall. Nope, Mia is going to be right on top of you and preferably touching you at all times. But she doesn't like to be cuddled in your lap. She's weird.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew

Answer your question? Haha.

Harlow is less likely to follow me around. Unless of course she thinks food or butt scratching is involved. I have to literally convince her to get out of the recliner to come to bed every night. XD

kaykay21

herder brain & drool face
laika follows me everywhere. jayson is more likely to be sleeping unless he hears rustling around then he comes investigate

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
If justin is sat in the living room, sometimes keely will just stay with him. Sometimes.

Casey on the other hand is stuck to me like glue. She can be in the deepest of sleep and I cannot (and trust me, ive tried) sneak away for a second. She is my velcro dog.

Not really. They like knowing where I am and keeping an eye on me, they are far too lazy to get up off the comfy couch and follow after me. Cricket does like being in the same room as me, generally, but none of them are very clingy. If I have food, it's an entirely different story.

Members online

No members online now.