People who can't control their dogs...

should not bring them to petstores!

I was at a Petco yesterday with my friend yesterday with her cocker/golden mix and my pup KayleeThere was a lady with a Maltese and she could not control him AT ALL. :mad:

Not only was he on a stretchy leash and allowed to have full reign on it, but he was very reactive. My friend and I walked by in a wide open space and he started snarling, barking and lunging at us. And what did the owner do. Give a little laugh and then say "You know you shouldn't do that Alfie" :yikes:

He tried go after us and would have if we hadn't jumped out of the way.

Then we are a little ways away and this lady with a black lab goes by the Maltese, well not only is the Maltese out of control but so is the black lab (though he was rude, not aggressive) and it almost ended in a dog fight.

So then the black lab lady comes by us...oh wait the dog comes by us because it was deciding were to go. She had a prong on that dog fitted so wrong on him. And because it was fit wrong she was yanking it all over the place hurting him. (let me add here that I have no problem with prongs and in fact use them myself, but I know how to fit one and how to correct a dog using one).

She then lets her dog charge over and shove his face in Kaylee's as if he had every right to do that, and was in fact encouraging it. She didn't care that it was really rude, and Kaylee is still really timid, which is why I have her out and about (Kaylee, almost 7month old pup).

And you know, I expect labs to be a lot of times rude, goofy dogs, and am always impressed when they aren't. But seriously, the owner was rude and that poor dog had no discipline besides a badly fit prong collar that was doing nothing but hurting him because of her yanking.

Well then it was time for us to leave, had enough of owners. And the whole time we were in line all we heard was the snarling and barking of the Maltese every time a dog or even just a person walked by.
--

sisco16

koda bear
Oh lol I thought this was totally diff. but agreed she should not be encouraging the dog by laughing or giving that much freedom on the leash.
When i take my husky she is pulling me a bit but because there are so many new smells she is way over excited.

Members online