Kaylee Made Me Proud

I was so proud of Kaylee today!

Kaylee (my 7 month old pup), my friend, her cocker/golden mix and I were out making rounds to petstores today (first time I have ever been to a Pet Supplies Plus and I was very impressed)

Anyways, we were at Pet Supplies Plus and just walking around, socializing Kaylee and looking at everything. A little girl comes by and kinda skirts around the dogs but doesn't leave, she keeps looking at them. We see her dad and he asks if she can pet them, and we of course say sure.

The little girl was really nervous though, but when my friends dog turned around the girl got a few quick pats to her butt (apparently that end isn't scary ;) )

Then she comes closer to Kaylee and Kaylee must have been able to tell she was nervous. She just sat down and scooted on her butt about an inch closer and put her head down closer to the girl. She was so GOOD! So gentle and everything was slow movements...except her tail that is :) I just love seeing that in her at only 7 months old.

Then a little boy comes up and stands there just staring. So we say "you can pet them" and he just comes over with his arms spread wide to huge them, it was so cute. And Kaylee goes over there and very carefully gives him a lick on the chin and then sits down and wags her tail and waits to be pet.

There was also this cute old man who worked there that kept running into us and stuffing the dogs full of treats. It got to the point that when Kaylee saw him coming she would sit down and wait for her treat :)

But I just wanted to share how impressed I was with Kaylee and her wonderful manners and how great she is with kids.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Awesome! What a good girl! Our dog Buddy looooooves kids. At the beach today a little girl played with him and he didn't want her to go so he started to follow her. I had to go get him. :rolleyes: :p

Members online

No members online now.