New garden pics

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
feedback would be helpful if you have a sec. Is this something in people's opinion worth pursuing, should I give up and stick with the first one? Don't know.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
It doesn't work, and you think it might be time to stop, then you try one more time. Now it is a work in progress. It's so hot out there my right side is now twice as dark as my left just from setting up this much. Will continue once the sun is a bit further on it's path.

I told my friend she would be including in the artists on this piece because she found and donated the new sticks and a heck of a lot of the old ones too.

light sure does make a difference. Guess I better wait until tomorrow. It is cloudy now and about to rain. Plus wind which blows all the flowers off.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
The little parents are on their second batch of babies. Nice, little green worm eating babies.

And to Bakers Rare Seed Co. I could not be more pleased with every packet I ordered from you. The tomatoes are just WOW,

The bottom ones are as big as my hand.

My Mom thinks it sad that I grow good strawberries burt can't eat them and I grow tomatoes but hate them. I love growing them however and giving them to my family. SHe said aren't you tempted to even try one, and that's a No.
THe strawberry would kill me dead vut the look on the grandbabies faces when they eat them say yum and learn that they can grow their own food is priceless. Besides I like watches spiders use the leaves as trampolines as they jump from one to another. And I like the way the water beads on the point of each leaf with the dew. So pretty.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I hope this is the final take.

for scale

my friend Cindy brought me smoke blooms from her smoke tree. She thought the road runner was little. Not. I have to stand on a ladder to get the whole thing in. I hope this is it. I found a really good frame this morning for long dog. Hope it brings in a good donation for Art Unleashed 2015
I planted more sunflowers. THe first batch did not get enough sun, all it did was rain and stay overcast. THe second batch I planted are much sturdier.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

Could anyone ask for better help in their tomato patch? Works for supper and sings too. I am so pleased. I have a sweet little video of her shooting into feed her babies and back out but photobucket is being uncooperative in loading videos for some reason.

THis photo is for my grandson that says flowers Pop open. This one is native and a volunteer which is a o k with me. I like to see them Pop open too.

I Found a huge ripe strawberry while the grans were here. I held it out to AIden and he bit it in half. I held the other half to baby girl and she took a big bite getting the rest of it. I still had red juice on my hand when a butterfly decided to lick the last of it from my fingernail where I had pulled off the green top. The butterfly said it was good to the very last drop.

THe white flower in the foreground is the bloom opened up. I forget it's name,

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
wasp and snake warning for those that do not like.

American Hover Fly

snake in the liles. This one gets around. WAs up by the strawberry patch and I hoped wasn't dining on baby skinks. Now has moved to the shade garden and seemed very content. I was glad to learn they do not eat toads.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I worried during the storm last night hoping the wren's nest was hung securely enough So I was very glad to get my morning scolding while I picked a few tomatoes for GG. All is well in the community garden, and all is well in my own too.
All the baby barn swallows are gone. That was just to me, too stinking cute.

counting my chickens before they hatch but all survived the storm. I don't even like tomatoes but Hyia and GG does. And so does my son's family.
I do however adore wrens.

I had only one chance to photograph this little guy. He walked right up the plant, jumped on the camera, onto my hand, was redirected back to the plant where he jumped out of sight So little, I wish I could have tried some more. I think it's a pretty spider.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
so tiny, so precious. I love tree frogs, specially this one.

probably would fit on my thumb nail. Found a really good spot however.
Hope little frog stays and isn't eaten by any passers by.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

I want to ask my grandson Jory if this is a transformer too?

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
61 tomatoes so far, and some bushes haven't even started ripening yet.

That's the good news.

I have learned something to share about sunflowers since it was discussed before on this thread.
THis spring we had a ton of rain and way too many cloudy days. Sunflowers grew tall, but small heads.
Maybe that was why.
But also, I bought 5 different packets of sunflowers, 3 were mammoth, but in each were teeny tiny seeds. Smaller than I have ever planted. I don't know why.
So I don't know which reason the sunflowers are beyond lame this year. If anyone knows the answer please share.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
:):):):):) Thank you.

This one didn't hang around to give me a second chance. I didn't even see it go. Just too stinking cute.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

hmm it wasn't like that yesterday. :)
7 lbs of tomatoes picked and distributed. Wove the leaves in and out so the rest wouldn't burn. Didn't see one worm and only signs on one leave of a short life.

Baby Brice helped me treat the strawberry patch to some baby laughter on a wet morning.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Tea for two and two for tea

but one saw me and off it flew
the other didn't care a lick and so
I took this nifty pic.

Ity's a butterfly day out there.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I like to share the good in my life. THank you for letting me.

I am really surprised at how many people do not know about tomatoes and how to pick them. I found a great tutorial at Bakers Creek Seed Company that I thought I would share. I cannot find a direct link, but the video by the master tomato chef is about half way down the page today.

Today the sunflower café is open.

I do so love butterflies.

Most of them never give me a second chance and that is if I can get close enough for the first time.

THe little kids were fed by the rents this morning, but brought to the kitchn and ignored this evening. Oh the woe of baby number three who cried instead of trying.

every time I went out my door today I saw something new.
I do a last check for any Japanese beetles that show up right at dusk to munch away all night, and then I saw my skink. I sat down and we just chilled. I got up slow to ease away but before I got in the door I turned to see Skink was heading for bed too. Goodnight skink.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.