Few pictures from dog beach walk

oriondw

user not active

Great place. If you ignore all the off-leash dogs then the place becomes even better.

The sand and water is better then human beach few miles down the coast.

Aww, that looks like fun! We don't have any safe places to take ours swimming here. Either they're too polluted or full of loose fish hooks. What a happy dog to be playing in the water!

Looks like he's having a grand time! I've been trying to figure out how to take the mine somewhere like a trout stream to let them fish. Or, more accurately, how to get them back home after they've gotten all wet and probably muddy, lol!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
mine usually run off any water and mud after playing in the water part of the off leash Shawnee Dog park by the time we get back to the entrance..i just use a neat sheet over the back in case they are still damp..

Doberluv

Oh, that does look like he's having fun. What a pretty spot. I just got back from a drive up higher in the mountains and walked along side a pretty creek. My dogs don't dig water, but my friend's Lab (of course) went right in. They sure do enjoy an outing, don't they and it looks like you've discovered a good place.

oriondw

user not active
Doberluv said:
Oh, that does look like he's having fun. What a pretty spot. I just got back from a drive up higher in the mountains and walked along side a pretty creek. My dogs don't dig water, but my friend's Lab (of course) went right in. They sure do enjoy an outing, don't they and it looks like you've discovered a good place.
Its a nice place, he loves it. I only wish there was much less people there.

The place is supposed to be dog only, but 50% of people there are either fishing or just sun bathing.

Also wish we could come when no one was there so i could let him off lead. But sadly that wont happen :).

He just enjoys jumping in water wit me.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
It looks lovely there!! The water looks very clean!! Why do you have to keep your dog on a leash? Just curious! :D

oriondw

user not active
Gustav said:
It looks lovely there!! The water looks very clean!! Why do you have to keep your dog on a leash? Just curious! :D

Because thats the rules :)

Same reason why everyone should keep their dogs on leash.

oriondw

user not active
Gustav said:
Oh ok! :D Thanks for clearing that up!! :D

But seriously.

When he's on leash his protection circle is much much smaller then when he's alowed to roam.

It would be neat if you could get the city (or whoever owns the land) to fence off part of the beach and out into the water and make an off-leash dog park, complete with swimming pool!

oriondw

user not active
CreatureTeacher said:
It would be neat if you could get the city (or whoever owns the land) to fence off part of the beach and out into the water and make an off-leash dog park, complete with swimming pool!

I doubt they'd ever do that :)

Members online

No members online now.