Lost papers!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
My friend lost her dogs pedigree papers when her house caught on fire :eek: !
Does anyone know if she could get copies and where from?!! The breeder is no longer in the area and she doesn't know where they have moved to! :(
Could this be done through the Kennel Club? She has tried to contact them but they seem less than responsive!

Any info gratefully recieved!! :D

Debi

wow, you know I am usually not the best help..but I would have thought the reason you registered was to have your dog somehow on record somewhere. You know I didn't bother with Ham's registration....but logic just tells me that it shouldn't be that hard to obtain a copy. Did she try the online site..maybe somewhere there gives instructions..or a place to ask questions. Just doesn't seem right that nobody can help her..this can't be that unusual..GEEZ!

The registering agency should be able to get copies for her. Do expect to have to nag them though. Unless you're a well known breeder or owner of show dogs they really couldn't care less about you.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Thanks Guys! I've been on the Kennel Club website and you have to pay for duplicate certificates which is not really the issue, the thing is that she can't remember the registration number!!!!! :eek: I mean it's not the sort of thing you memorise just in case is it?!! :D

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
She can remember his full name so that should be a good start hey! And his date of birth! We shall see! :D

bubbatd

If she can remember the Kennel name, that should help too. She would have had to send a check too if she can go through her check register she can get the date she applied. (If those weren't burned too . Such a shame )

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
bubbatd said:
If she can remember the Kennel name, that should help too. She would have had to send a check too if she can go through her check register she can get the date she applied. (If those weren't burned too . Such a shame )
Part of her dogs name is his kennel name so that is good!! :D And no nothing was left in the house! :eek: It is all gone!! :(

Staff online

Members online