Acana? Anyone feed the Grain Free?

Red Chrome

I feed Ranchlands, Grasslands and Pacifica. Once in awhile, I throw in a LID bag of lamb or duck. I do prefer the grainfree foods. With the price increase, I may switch to something else. But as of right now, it's not that expensive to feed.

LauraLeigh

I bought a bag today, we'll see how it goes, Mindy can be sensitive to changes in her food so she's my biggest concern, I'll start mixing tomorrow

adojrts

I don't feed Acana anymore, but I did for years and my dogs all did great on it. I think it's definitely worth a try! Most of the dogs I know also eat Acana of various formulas and are doing awesome on it.

My only issue with Acana (and Orijen for that matter) is that sometimes production sucks and you can't get certain formulas randomly, but hopefully if that happens you have dogs that can eat a different formula here and there.
I always feed two different brands of food at the same time, mix them for each meal. The main reason is because Dr. Zink recommends doing that because no single brand/company will have a competely balanced diet. That it will be weak in one area and if you feed two different brands it increases the odds that your dog will have a balanced diet, vits/minerals etc.

Other reason is that in the event that I can't get one of the brands my dogs are use to the 2nd one and I don't have to do a hard switch or worry about it :)

Laura, I feed Acana and my dogs have done really well on it. I actually had to decrease the amount fed because they were gaining too much weight (all of them).

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Quinn gets Acana GF, Pacifica and Ranchlands. She's been on it since she was a baby and does great on it!

She too is a very easy keeper on it. She gets 1 1/2 cups a day (two 3/4 cup feedings).

Lyzelle

Zander did great on Acana Pacifica, but he was also a very easy keeper. I ended up switching him to Fromm because I felt SO GUILTY only giving him 1/2 a day. (and he was still gaining weight).

I really, really like Champion/Orijen/Acana as a company, I think they have great practices. I hesitate to recommend it to customers at this point because they have constant supply problems, and the more people that are feeding Orijen/Acana just means more people that are upset with me when they can't get their food due to the off-and-on shortages.

I've fed it to my dogs as part of our rotation. They like it, they do well on it.

Members online

No members online now.