why so much sniffing..

as some of u kno i just started training chase outside.. bcuz i thought itd b a good time to seeing how it starting to get warmer.. even tho now its about 20 degrees lol (mi. weather sux!).. chase at at around 200 i took him out a hour later.. he pee'd but didnt poop.. i waited about 15 mins. bcuz i thought he was going to poop bcuz he continued sniifing the ground.. but he didnt.. he jus sniffed all over tha yard but didnt poop.. what is he sniffing for?? well thnx.. raymond

becca_4321

They do lots of sniffing. I have a hard time walking Princess in grass because she has to sniff so much. They pick up scents of other dogs, all kinds of new scents. Chase is new to the outside so will do alot of sniffing out the territory around him.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I read an article in one of the dog magizines. that a dog can smell 500 times more than we can..that if you took the receptors out of their nose and set side by side it would cover the dog entirely. I know Vic and mary read a yard like we read the newspaper..there are voles and mice, snakes and such that travel without us ever knowing they are there..I am sure your dog is doing the same.especially now that the natural world is waking up from the long winter nap.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I once heard that when walking into an Indian resturant, humans can smell Curry, where as dogs can smell every ingredient/spice that went into that curry. I think this is a good way of illustrating how good those noses are! :D

Members online

No members online now.